Olindo Mare to be cut...

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
to be cut according to the sun-sentinel. The dolphins firesale continues. Should we have waited and signed him, instead of marteen?

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
I'm more than happy w/ Gramatica.

Honestly, I like most everything we've done in FA thus far. We weren't going to get either Steinbach or Dielman, so to get the best remaining FA OL guy out there; a potential OT at an OG price is pretty good. Like most everyone else, I want to see him at OG, but he at least offers flexibility. I really want to see us re-sign Colombo, though, to eliminate that need in the draft. I WANT to draft OL, but I don't want to NEED to draft OL.

I'm also ok with B. Johnson. I was one of the ones that wanted Ramsey or Rattay, but I like having a guy that doesn't require many practice snaps, is familiar w/ Garrett, and can help Romo develop, not hinder that development by taking away some of his practice time.

If we could get a true FS in FA, like that Kaevisharn (sp) guy, at a reasonable price, to compete w/ Watkins, who I really like, that would be nice, but not a necessity. I'd then let Elam and Davis compete for backup SS, as I've read their skillsets are better suited to that position anyway. I'm not at all sure that it's wise to use FA to find depth, given the contract amounts, but that would certainly shore up an area of concern on the team, in case Watkins struggles. I suppose drafting a CB and moving Henry to FS accomplishes the same thing, but Jerry has seemed to have cooled on that idea. I'll be interested to see what Wade has to say once he's looked at the film.

I think Cowlishaw said something about thinking Dallas should get a WR in FA. Why? We have experience in our top 3 and potential after that. I want a WR, but via the draft, not FA.

If we can get depth/future starter at WR, OL, CB, NT, FS and a backup QB, without reaching unnecessarily, that would make for a very successful draft, IMO.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1409294 said:
to be cut according to the sun-sentinel. The dolphins firesale continues. Should we have waited and signed him, instead of marteen?

No.......