Olumuyiwa Fashanu what is going on with him?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it is just mock draft sites and simulators.

However recently he has became available at the 24th pick on two different mock simulators. Even though they have him listed in the top 15 on their listings.

He was NEVER available at 24 until this week.

I have heard about possible injuries for JPJ but I have not heard of any injuries for Olumuyiwa Fashanu.

Just seems odd.

tm1119

Reaction score
I would say just don’t trust anything you see on the simulators. They are fun and that’s about it. I did 1 on PFN yesterday that had Jayden Daniels on the board at 24.

Pretty sure all of the trustworthy (if any truly are) mocks/rankings have Fashanu firmly between 12-19. He might need a full NFL year of coaching and weight room work before he reaches his potential, but as long as the work ethic is there I think he has the 2nd highest ceiling of any OT besides Alt in this draft class.

TheDank

Reaction score
Probably just guys like Fautanu and Fuaga starting to be rated higher or very similarly to Fashanu in some places. I don’t think any of them are there at 24, but would be happy to draft any of them.

visionary

Reaction score

However recently he has became available at the 24th pick on two different mock simulators. Even though they have him listed in the top 15 on their listings.

I have heard about possible injuries for JPJ but I have not heard of any injuries for Olumuyiwa Fashanu.

Just seems odd.
Well, dont wait till the draft, take him now

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
He is still a top 15 player. He has started to slide a bit, because of his extremely small hand measurement at the combine. 8.5" is the smallest hand size ever recorded at the combine for an Offensive Tackle. It's an overreaction.

He was never outside the top 10 before the combine in mocks and now all of a sudden he is dropping to the late teens. I'm sure hand size matters a little for O-line, but it can't make that much of a difference with his draft grade. He isn't a QB or WR so I don't get what the analysts are doing.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think Cnu said it best, it's prospect fatigue. Fashanu has been projected as a top-10 pick for so long that draftniks are bored of him, and other LTs are the flavor of the week now.

But I doubt the NFL has actually faded on him. Olu just made unanimous All-American as a 21yo redshirt sophomore, and he's got every athletic tool in the bag. Good LTs never drop outside of the top 15, and he is really frickin' good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just depends which mock it is,but hes been consistently in the top 15. Id be shocked if hes there at 24. We have so many needs, it really is a case of there is no wrong pick at 24. Id be happy with just a good football player that can contribute early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Cnu said it best, it's prospect fatigue. Fashanu has been projected as a top-10 pick for so long that draftniks are bored of him, and other LTs are the flavor of the week now.

But I doubt the NFL has actually faded on him. Olu just made unanimous All-American as a 21yo redshirt sophomore, and he's got every athletic tool in the bag. Good LTs never drop outside of the top 15, and he is really frickin' good.
this

cnuball21

Reaction score

This…honestly wouldn’t shock me if he’s the 1st OT off the board.

Carter

Reaction score
This…honestly wouldn’t shock me if he’s the 1st OT off the board.

I doubt he goes before Alt. Alt is NFL ready and has basically everything checked you want from your starting LT. Fashanu needs some work

raven55

Reaction score
don't worry they will pick a player of need a te will be it just joking but after the pick in 2nd round of a 25 year old te that was hurt while drafting him anything goes with these moron's in charge. though with mclays influence things would be better was totally wrong

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I doubt he goes before Alt. Alt is NFL ready and has basically everything checked you want from your starting LT. Fashanu needs some work
Alt's a stupid good prospect, but I don't think Fashanu is more than 1 or 2 years away from being really special himself. He's 21 years old, and the only blemishes on his scouting repot are things that can easily be fixed with time.

What gets me, is that Olu will sometimes get himself into bad spots (Alt never does), but he never actually loses reps. He always, and I mean always, can recover. Zero sacks allowed in 2023, and you can count his pressures allowed on your fingers. If he's young, raw, and already unbeatable, what's he going to look like after some more physical growth and experience. That Tyron-ian potential is what some teams might talk themselves into.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Alt's a stupid good prospect, but I don't think Fashanu is more than 1 or 2 years away from being really special himself. He's 21 years old, and the only blemishes on his scouting repot are things that can easily be fixed with time.

What gets me, is that Olu will sometimes get himself into bad spots (Alt never does), but he never actually loses reps. He always, and I mean always, can recover. Zero sacks allowed in 2023, and you can count his pressures allowed on your fingers. If he's young, raw, and already unbeatable, what's he going to look like after some more physical growth and experience. That Tyron-ian potential is what some teams might talk themselves into.
I think Alt is the better run blocker year 1 but Id be hard pressed to say there’s a better pass pro ceiling than Olu in the draft.

exciter

Reaction score

Just seems odd.
It’s a mock, people are forcing what they think teams should take to meet needs!

raven55

Reaction score
moron's in the front office will luck out on there 1st pick and then they turn stupid from then on