OMG I'm gonna puke!!!!!

StevenOtero

Reaction score
All these ppl are n00bs @ school! Quotes: " The Commanders are gonna be real good next year!" <---- :bang2:

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Dale said:
Now THAT is some strong smack talk.

!! NOTE that is from people around my school. My school has mostly Cowboys fans. Sad isn't it?

hendog

Reaction score
Actually I think the skins kind of had a season like we had a few years ago when we made the playoffs with QC. Things just sort of fell in their laps. They took care of business at the end when they had to but I don't really think they're all that good. I think their 120 yards in their playoff win is closer to where they are than a true playoff caliber team. If we had a damn kicker last year they never even sniff the playoffs.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
hendog said:
Actually I think the skins kind of had a season like we had a few years ago when we made the playoffs with QC. Things just sort of fell in their laps. They took care of business at the end when they had to but I don't really think they're all that good. I think their 120 yards in their playoff win is closer to where they are than a true playoff caliber team. If we had a damn kicker last year they never even sniff the playoffs.

Truedat.

Gfunk

Reaction score
good to see Commanders Nation includes New Mexico
icon14.gif

KobeEgan

Reaction score
A Commanders fan on a dif. forum guarunteed they own the East, and he also said noone in the NFC can beat them and he guaruntees a SB appearance...

EDIT: here is his exact words

Commanders will not only take the division and sweep the lackluster cowboys, but will be in theSuper Bowl and could win it, depending on their opponent and how the teams match up. No NFC team can match up against us now.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
good to see Commanders Nation includes New Mexico
icon14.gif

actually they weren't fans. just ppl thinking they could eval. skins offseason:rolleyes:

yeppers

Reaction score
I think our division is gonna really competitive. the skins have made thier weaknesses into strengths and so have we. i cant wait to face them. its gonna be SOOO exciting. i cant wait any longer.

but thos people have a point tho, the skins have gotten stronger, but so have we. its gonna be one heck of a division.

KobeEgan

Reaction score
they did get better...but they overpaid guys way too much...anyhow, getting TO alone made our offense 5x better than theirs.

and now, with Vandy most likely coming to Big D, we have playoffs easy

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
wow the Commanders fan base is getting pretty big... sweet. we both will be better next year. i think that we should just wait it out and see who really overcomes this year... we'll all see.

KobeEgan

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
we both will be better next year. i think that we should just wait it out and see who really overcomes this year... we'll all see.

agreed. I only talk trash to Commanders fans when they start saying how they are going to own us next season and all that crap

Gibbs II

Reaction score
KobeEgan said:
agreed. I only talk trash to Commanders fans when they start saying how they are going to own us next season and all that crap

In that case....nvm.

As for the post about 120 yards showing skins true colors, here are the 4 reasons why it happened.

1st) Brunell knee. He just gave out towards the end, did better in Seattle, but he had to pass then.

2nd) TB's Defense. I think they were top 3 Defense, so we will take what we can get.

3rd) CP had the stinger problems, sat out much of the game and was beat.

4th) Road Playoff game.

If the skins can save their energy for the playoff run and actual playoffs (if they get in), they can do some serious damage. When we were clicking, we were clicking, but relied on Brunell in certain situations where it may have not been the best of decisions.

Gordon

Reaction score
Just the "n00b" students are saying that? What about the veterans?

SouthernStar

Reaction score
Haven't you heard?
The Commanders are gonna win the Super Bowl EVERY spring. Trouble is, it's not played until winter.
They buy their Super Bowl tickets in June, and then sell them on E-bay in December.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
i always rememberd the story to go that the cowboys beat the indians. so we win just by that. :D!

on that note my friends all root against the cowboys because they are just bandwagon fans of whatever guy is getting them the most points in our fantasy league. funny that i had 6 cowboys starting for me (1 of the 6 being the D) and i still beat them, hmmm. neways just thought id say, my area has no skins fans, i mainly get the 49ers fans argueing who the better dynasty is.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I cant believe this thread made it to two pages. Read that first post. It certainly doesnt posit much,

kmd24

Reaction score
Gibbs II said:
When we were clicking, we were clicking, but relied on Brunell in certain situations where it may have not been the best of decisions.

The truth is that the Skins struggled to scored in many of the early games. During the stretch run, they put up some points against the Rams (with a thrid string QB), the Cowboys and Giants (in Fedex), and the Eagles (again a with third string QB).

My guess is that the offense is probably not as bad (particularly after recent additions) as that of the first 2/3 of 2005, but the playoff regression has got to be alarming, since it may indicate that the 6 or so games that the Skins were able to score a decent number of points were really just circumstantial rather than reflective of a truly potent offense.

Time will tell, I suppose.