On the Petrino thing... one last time...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
They are making too much out of this. It was a good parting of ways...

If I remember correctly, Blank fired Dan Reeves after game 13 a few years back. He then had the sack to ask Reeves stay on and coach the rest of the season after firing him. Could he not have waited three weeks?

He chose Vick over Reeves. Wonder how he feels about that decision now...

What goes around, comes around...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Petrino should've waited till the end of the season.

Had he just waited 3 more weeks he could've saved a lot of face.

But honestly I could care less unless they end up getting Jason Garrett but I doubt he wants to go to a sinking ship that in my opinion hasn't fully sunk.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I don't think anyone blames Petrino for leaving, it's how he left and the timing. He'll do the same thing in a year or 2 to Arkansas and Jerry will order a hit on him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CATCH17;1834934 said:
Petrino should've waited till the end of the season.

Had he just waited 3 more weeks he could've saved a lot of face.

But honestly I could care less unless they end up getting Jason Garrett but I doubt he wants to go to a sinking ship that in my opinion hasn't fully sunk.

I agree, he should have waited, but I think he was trying to get a head start on recruiting...

My point is that Blank did the same thing to a man like Reeves. Vick has never been as good as he was under Reeves, he just didn't want the discipline...

parchy

Reaction score
The fact that he called Blank (not met with him, like a man) to tell him on the day it happened, and the fact that Blank was absolutely blindsided by the decision tells me all I need to know.

Arthur Blank is a lot of things, but a bad guy isn't one of them. He didn't deserve to be spat upon like that. The players don't matter as much, but the fact is that they deserve better as well. You can't walk out on your team like that. It's poor form. Petrino is scum. He's probably already looking for his next job opportunity.

Smith22

Reaction score
A lot more people are involved than just the coach and owner.

Petrino let down the fans and players, as well as his coaching staff. The road just got a little tougher for the a college coach to make it up to the NFL as well.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Petrino left lot of people hanging with his action, the coaches, fans, team...etc

Didn't even have guts to face his staff of his decision, pretty sad.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
trickblue;1834926 said:

If I remember correctly, Blank fired Dan Reeves after game 13 a few years back. He then had the sack to ask Reeves stay on and coach the rest of the season after firing him. Could he not have waited three weeks?

Blank is a major meddler, but because he isnt Jerry Jones it doesnt get mentioned...it came out later this week locally that Petrino didnt like Blank and all the meddling he was doing

also recall that Blank flat out told everyone the day they hired Petrino that the head coach would make the call on the Vick/Schaub debate, and then they promptly traded Schaub before Petrino saw him in even one practice

and Blank also hung Reeves out to dry on the Peerless Price fiasco, but later we found out Reeves never wanted Price, and he said Blank ordered them to get a deal done for Price "no matter what"

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
parchy;1834938 said:
The fact that he called Blank (not met with him, like a man) to tell him on the day it happened, and the fact that Blank was absolutely blindsided by the decision tells me all I need to know.

Arthur Blank is a lot of things, but a bad guy isn't one of them. He didn't deserve to be spat upon like that. The players don't matter as much, but the fact is that they deserve better as well. You can't walk out on your team like that. It's poor form. Petrino is scum. He's probably already looking for his next job opportunity.

you are wrong IMO...he is a bad owner...he's a meddler and likes to blame others when things dont work out, even though he's behind the scenes pulling all the puppet stings

Petrino might be a scum, but Blank is no better than he is

David

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
trickblue;1834926 said:

Bingo!

That's exactly how I feel about this whole thing.

They should put a statue of Reeves in front of that dome for being able to take that sad sack franchise to the Super Bowl.

Everyone is feeling sorry for Blank. I think it's kinda funny how it all worked out.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chief;1834953 said:
Bingo!

That's exactly how I feel about this whole thing.

They should put a statue of Reeves in front of that dome for being able to take that sad sack franchise to the Super Bowl.

Everyone is feeling sorry for Blank. I think it's kinda funny how it all worked out.

like I said the other day Chief...somewhere out there, Dan Reeves is smiling today

David

Smith22

Reaction score
Old saying:

2 wrongs don't make a right.

What the guy did was cowardly. $24 million and tuck tail and run.......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Smith22;1834972 said:
Old saying:

2 wrongs don't make a right.

What the guy did was cowardly. $24 million and tuck tail and run.......

I've always hated that saying but im a very immature person.