Once/If CBA Done This Weekend.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So, if the CBA gets done sometime this weekend, will they delay the begining of Free-agency even more?
Say the salery cap is raised from the $94.5 mil. to 105-108 mil. does that then mean teams will now need longer to change up their game plans/cuts etc? I'm just dying to get started,(free-agency) and was wondering if that will happen!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
So, if the CBA gets done sometime this weekend, will they delay the begining of Free-agency even more?
Say the salery cap is raised from the $94.5 mil. to 105-108 mil. does that then mean teams will now need longer to change up their game plans/cuts etc? I'm just dying to get started,(free-agency) and was wondering if that will happen!

I would assume teams have made several plans (A/B/C). If not then their executives are stupid.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This was nothing more than a Soft deadline. I chuckled at those who were calling the deal done on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Just like yesterday - they can push this back to whenever they want to. And they can agree to whatever they want to as long as both parties are onboard. (whenever they want).

The CBA is a book - its all written and all now. But both parties have the pen here and can rewrite a new book however they want.

lspain1

Reaction score
The beginning of Free Agency is whenever both parties agree it is. They can keep pushing it back as long a both sides believe they are making progress and both sides it is in their best interest to let it slide. The players have every incentive to make this work so they will continue to let it slide as long as needed. Therefore, I don't think Monday is a hard date.

The coaches probably want to get their FA's settled quickly so they can get to work and set up their draft boards but I'm not sure the owners have any incentive to hurry.