One kicker goes to the game

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Looks like Vandy will have to KO if we take him, which i presume we will. You almost have to take both OTs considering Flo's been out quite a bit in PS and hasn't played a real game since Oct of 2005. Fabini hasn't even played LT in the PS in our system(that i know of) so i would guess this is why Bill will take only 1 kicker on the 45. Your thoughts.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it, he better be kicking good in practice, something tells me we have Suisham for a reason. I think Suisham makes the trip to Jacksonville, he kicks off well and gives us a chance, if Vandy pulls up lame after the kickoff we are in trouble.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
I wouldn't risk it, he better be kicking good in practice, something tells me we have Suisham for a reason. I think Suisham makes the trip to Jacksonville, he kicks off well and gives us a chance, if Vandy pulls up lame after the kickoff we are in trouble.

I hear you. Maybe for the first week i would be prudent to go with Suisham. I still think they take Vandy. I'm not real interested in what I or a fan would do, i'm trying to guess what Bill does.

Nav22

Reaction score
If there's still concerns about Vandy (which there are) and he's only taking 1 kicker, you'd have to go with Suisham.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Looks like Vandy will have to KO if we take him, which i presume we will. You almost have to take both OTs considering Flo's been out quite a bit in PS and hasn't played a real game since Oct of 2005. Fabini hasn't even played LT in the PS in our system(that i know of) so i would guess this is why Bill will take only 1 kicker on the 45. Your thoughts.

I expect Dallas to bring both kickers, only reason Suisham is on the team is for his deep kickoffs.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I expect Dallas to bring both kickers, only reason Suisham is on the team is for his deep kickoffs.

I guess you didn;t listen to the Press Conf. today? Bill said 1 kicker will go.

conner01

Reaction score
i think this early and with the heat, questions about a few guys health we can't carry two kickers. seems to me the safe thing would be take sushi and let vandy get good and well

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
I guess you didn;t listen to the Press Conf. today? Bill said 1 kicker will go.

I did not hear the press conferance today. I am a bit suprised by this considering how bad Vandy looked on his deep kick in the last pre-season game. He hit a low kick to the 10 which setup a very good return for the Vikes. I take it BP did not say which kicker it would be? I would think it would be Vandy.

superpunk

Reaction score
I don't get it. I heard the presser. Why is Suisham taking a roster spot if he's ont going to be active on gameday? Were we afraid our awesome kicking prospect was gonna be gobbled up from the PS?

wileedog

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I don't get it. I heard the presser. Why is Suisham taking a roster spot if he's ont going to be active on gameday? Were we afraid our awesome kicking prospect was gonna be gobbled up from the PS?

I think he said "I can't do that to this team."

Sounds to me like he's worried more about other spots and how some of the young guys are going to react than about the kickoffs.

Doesn't mean he won't bring two kickers next week or the week after when some guys have settled in more.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why Suisy is on the team if he's not going to be activated along with Vandy. If you're using Suisy to kickoff and VAndy to make fieldgoals (which is horrible a person can't kick off, and getting all that money just to kick field goals).

bobtheflob

Reaction score
My guess would be that this speels the end for Suisham on this team. If Vandy shows he's healthy and has that mental bloc out of the way then we'd probably drop Suisham and add someone from our practice squad.