One look is all I need

XXLMike

Reaction score
To see the reason they drafted Guyton - my word is he a massive human with speed - plays a bit tall but - if he puts the work in, he’s gonna be a star.

To see Overshown is an absolute baller - speed and he can wrap up.
You’ll be ordering his jersey by the end of the season.

To see Malik Davis is an XFL back

To see Trey Lance is an arena football player.

To see Brooks & Flournoy are going to be real contributors to this team down the road.

To see John Stephen > Luke Schoonmaker.

To see our OL depth and starters are a massive red flag .

To see our Defense will be stout at the POA.

And I’m pretty sure Snoop Conner sux

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
To see the reason they drafted Guyton - my word is he a massive human with speed - plays a bit tall but - if he puts the work in, he’s gonna be a star.

To see Brooks & Flournoy are going to be real contributors to this team down the road.

I thought Flournoy had a bad game. He dropped one of the few passes that came his way and fumbled on another. Right now, he'd be behind Cropper for me.

Didn't think we got enough out of the tight ends to determine anything.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm going to disagree with you on that. At least 3 starters last night won't make the 53.

The first 7-8 OL are pretty solid and will be fine if the coaches fixed last years idiotic scheme.
Starting line was Edoga, Richards, Hoffman, Bass and Waletzko. Out of those, probably Waletzko is the only one in danger of not making the team.

Maybe one of the receivers won't make it since we didn't play any of our top four (the holdout, Cooks, Tolbert and Turpin). That essentially left Brooks, Cropper, Johnson and Flournoy fighting for two spots.

Nickel corner might not since none of our top three played and we're probably keeping special-teams ace CJ Goodwin as our sixth. (Not sure who our starting nickel was last night. Butler?)

Since most of our starters last night were our second-teammers, I'd be surprised if there are more cuts than that. And there's a good possibility that the ones out of that who are cut end up on the practice squad.

Creeper

Reaction score

I don't know what to make of Schoonmaker based on last nights game. I think there is something there, but the way Lance was throwing the football, Schoonmaker didn;t really have a chance. I think I need to see more of all of the TE not named Ferguson.

I also think we have enough talent at OL but it may take half a season for them to develop into something. At the same time there are clearly some guys who are just not that good.

I do not think our DL will be stout at the point of attack, not based on last night with some of our starters or rotation guys going against the Rams backups and scrubs. I think the interior DL is going to be a major problem once the seasons tart - but perhaps I can be convinced otherwise the next two PS games.

The RB situation is never going to be that good this year. It's going to be Zeke and Dowdle, until Dowdle gets banged up. Then it will be someone other than Davis behind Zeke. It will never be great.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of Schoonmaker based on last nights game. I think there is something there, but the way Lance was throwing the football, Schoonmaker didn;t really have a chance. I think I need to see more of all of the TE not named Ferguson.

I also think we have enough talent at OL but it may take half a season for them to develop into something. At the same time there are clearly some guys who are just not that good.

I do not think our DL will be stout at the point of attack, not based on last night with some of our starters or rotation guys going against the Rams backups and scrubs. I think the interior DL is going to be a major problem once the seasons tart - but perhaps I can be convinced otherwise the next two PS games.

The RB situation is never going to be that good this year. It's going to be Zeke and Dowdle, until Dowdle gets banged up. Then it will be someone other than Davis behind Zeke. It will never be great.
Nah, you’re right already. DT is going to be a problem all season.

It’s not at all the first time a position is a clear weakness going into the season while management refuses to address it, and it’s what ends up killing them in the end.

I understand trying to get the cap in order. Whatever. But the lack of attempt to upgrade the interior DL is mind boggling.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I meant to add I was impressed by the WR we picked up Burnett was impressive in his 2 catches in traffic.
He took a big hit and made yac.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought Flournoy had a bad game. He dropped one of the few passes that came his way and fumbled on another. Right now, he'd be behind Cropper for me.

Didn't think we got enough out of the tight ends to determine anything.

Spann Ford should be tight end 3 behind Ferguson & Schoon although posters the podcasts all seem to love Stephens .

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I came away with the exact opposite. The Rams were moving our guys pretty easily early on in the game. I saw nothing that would separate Mazi from an undrafted free agent.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Spann Ford should be tight end 3 behind Ferguson & Schoon although posters the podcasts all seem to love Stephens .
I'd say right now that it's Hendershot, based on who played yesterday. Hendershot sat with the starters from what I could see. But I could see Spann Ford getting a spot because of his blocking.

Again, though, I saw little from the tight ends who played to tell me one deserves a spot over another.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Guyton was probably the best player on the team. He dominated. Scouting report said technique was his issue. Man I didn’t see that. He is a large man too.

Overshown is my pet cat this season. I loved the pick last year. Rangy with a mean streak. I think he is going to be real good if used effectively.

basel90

Reaction score

Guyton was so impressive. Very athletic . His 11 snaps were so dominant. He even recovered from a misdirection. He is a shut down left tackle . Great draft selection.

basel90

Reaction score
Trey lance is not an option at QB . He cannot process the reads . Misses a lot . He had his chances .
Mazi is still limited .
no running game .
receivers are very average. Cee Dee is a must .
Guyton at OL is a stud .
kicker is a stud .
DBs are great .

Carson

Reaction score
Starting line was Edoga, Richards, Hoffman, Bass and Waletzko. Out of those, probably Waletzko is the only one in danger of not making the team.

Maybe one of the receivers won't make it since we didn't play any of our top four (the holdout, Cooks, Tolbert and Turpin). That essentially left Brooks, Cropper, Johnson and Flournoy fighting for two spots.

Nickel corner might not since none of our top three played and we're probably keeping special-teams ace CJ Goodwin as our sixth. (Not sure who our starting nickel was last night. Butler?)

Since most of our starters last night were our second-teammers, I'd be surprised if there are more cuts than that. And there's a good possibility that the ones out of that who are cut end up on the practice squad.
Jourdan Lewis is your nickel/slot corner

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis is your nickel/slot corner
Yes, but he didn't play. That means our top three corners did not play yesterday, so our "starters" were the next three. Considering that we'll likely only keep six, and one of those will be special-teammer CJ Goodwin, one of the three who started yesterday isn't likely to make the team.

kskboys

Reaction score

And I’m pretty sure Snoop Connersucks.

Not sure I can disagree w/ any of this. OL is young, but the guys playing in qtrs 2-4 didn't look great. Chuma is hurt, just as he has been his entire career.

I thought I did see something from Nathan, not sure.