One odd play that burned a lot of time

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
On our final drive, we ran the ball to Barber to get a first down, silly given we only had one timeout. We didn't get the first down, but Barber was clearly down so there was no fumble. However it took the refs about 25 seconds to line the ball up because the Giants were falling on it claiming it was a fumble. Shouldn't there have been a brief official stoppage of the clock until the pile was unravelled given the Giants were deliberately killing time?

sillycon

Reaction score
I thought so too. I don't think any of the Cowboys players had the urgency to tell the officials that too. Not too smart there...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out why we ran the ball there on 2nd down, it made no sense at all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The whole 2 minute drive was horrible. We started at thier 47 yd line with 1:57 left. Barber's run was a waste of time. It was only second down. Then after the Witten got to the 22 with :43 you have to call the time-out. We let it run down to :31 before the Giant player got hurt. Then we throw a 2-yd out to Witten and he doesn't get out of bounds. We use the time out and now we can't get tackled in bounds again, so we have to take long shots to the end zone. Terrible.

mmillman

Reaction score
That drive is squarely on the shoulders of Garrett, Romo and Phillips. Garrett for his piss poor play calling, including the draw. Romo for his terrible game management. Phillips for putting the Cowboys in the position of only having one timeout.

Dallas, even if they squeak past GB would be eaten alive by the NE and their polished coaches and QB. You just don't see top teams making the mistakes Dallas does in crucial situations over and over.