One of our members needs your prayers...

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Long story short, one of our own fell over the x-mas holiday and hurt his back. The pain was so bad, he was admitted to the hospital. While running tests they discovered what they believe to be cancer. They are not sure what kind and how far along it is but they are currently running more tests to determine what it is.

I ask for your prayers for Bruce. He is currently posting under the member name "everson24". It looks to me as if he created a new account recently under this name. Probably because his wife got mad he was spending too much time on this site. So now he only has 3 posts :lmao2: . Bruce is the biggest Cowboy fan I know. He lives and breathes Cowboy football.

I do need some help. Bruce has been known to run to his office during Wade's press conferences and hide. Now that he's in the hospital, he cannot get the internet and only has ESPN to rely on. Is there a place I can go and download the press conferences and other Cowboy related info so he can feel Wade's keeping him in the loop? :rolleyes: I want to send a cd down to him tonight.

Thanks for your prayers guys...I will update more when I hear something.

Brian

PosterChild

Reaction score
thebigeasy88;1886959 said:
Long story short, one of our own fell over the x-mas holiday and hurt his back. The pain was so bad, he was admitted to the hospital. While running tests they discovered what they believe to be cancer. They are not sure what kind and how far along it is but they are currently running more tests to determine what it is.

I ask for your prayers for Bruce. He is currently posting under the member name "everson24". It looks to me as if he created a new account recently under this name. Probably because his wife got mad he was spending too much time on this site. So now he only has 3 posts :lmao2: . Bruce is the biggest Cowboy fan I know. He lives and breathes Cowboy football.

I do need some help. Bruce has been known to run to his office during Wade's press conferences and hide. Now that he's in the hospital, he cannot get the internet and only has ESPN to rely on. Is there a place I can go and download the press conferences and other Cowboy related info so he can feel Wade's keeping him in the loop? :rolleyes: I want to send a cd down to him tonight.

Thanks for your prayers guys...I will update more when I hear something.

Brian

Hey, she could have found him in a much worse place. That's right--she could have discovered him at Extremeskins:eek:...

But seriously, hope Bruce is doing ok, and it's very important to keep your spirits on the upside when dealing with any illness. Spending time here should help along the process. Maybe the wife will understand this time.
And a Cowboys playoff victory is gonna do wonders for him.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
PosterChild;1887111 said:
Hey, she could have found him in a much worse place. That's right--she could have discovered him at Extremeskins:eek:...

But seriously, hope Bruce is doing ok, and it's very important to keep your spirits on the upside when dealing with any illness. Spending time here should help along the process. Maybe the wife will understand this time.
And a Cowboys playoff victory is gonna do wonders for him.

:D Thanks bro...you're exactly right.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Going to Tuesday afternoon mass in a few minutes. I will light a candle.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Just got an update guys...

Bruce has a very aggressive type of lymphoma. It is in his pelvis and certain vertebrae in his lower back including some up near his neck. He is to start chemo tomorrow. He's hoping to be home by the weekend so he can watch the 'boys in the comfort of his home.

He has a battle to fight but I have no doubt he will overcome this. He has a lot more to offer this world and a lot of people need him.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he appreciates it.

I'll keep you posted as I know more. I'm hoping he can return to work soon. We have a lot of Cowboy talk to catch up on.

:starspin

Oh, thanks to Hos. He was able to go back and find Bruce's original user name here - BruceM78. I guess Bruce had some problems logging in so he changed his user name. Thanks Hos!

PosterChild

Reaction score
thebigeasy88;1889454 said:
Just got an update guys...

Bruce has a very aggressive type of lymphoma. It is in his pelvis and certain vertebrae in his lower back including some up near his neck. He is to start chemo tomorrow. He's hoping to be home by the weekend so he can watch the 'boys in the comfort of his home.

He has a battle to fight but I have no doubt he will overcome this. He has a lot more to offer this world and a lot of people need him.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he appreciates it.

I'll keep you posted as I know more. I'm hoping he can return to work soon. We have a lot of Cowboy talk to catch up on.

:starspin

Oh, thanks to Hos. He was able to go back and find Bruce's original user name here - BruceM78. I guess Bruce had some problems logging in so he changed his user name. Thanks Hos!

Any news?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Hostile;1887273 said:
Can do on the prayers. Please keep us informed.

Where two or more are gathered ---will be praying for a speedy recovery