One positive: Best I've felt about OL since pre Guillan Bare

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Now yes I fully admit the team is lacking depth just about everywhere and no they aren’t in a position to take the next step in playoffs…. BUT

If Steele is back to fully healthy and Guyton is like recent first round OL picks, you could potentially have 5 pro bowl type players on the line with the strength being the interior of the line for the first time in a long time. (Since La’El was LG and Frederick was fully healthy)

Next year they need to get many more skill positions. But at least there is a plan for the interior. RBs should be begging to come here with the holes this line can open up.

McMicah

Reaction score
New projected OL depth chart:

Left tackle: (1) Guyton (2) Richards
Left Guard: (1) Smith (2) Bass
Center: (1) Beebe (2) Hoffman
Right Guard: (1) Martin (2) Ball
Right Tackle: (1) Steele (2) Thomas

Not bad at all. Also, don’t heckle me for putting Ball behind Martin until you rewatch his preseason game at Guard last year. He dominated when they moved him inside

jwitten82

Reaction score
Im glad we're improving the oline, but our problems are a bit deeper. From 2014-2019 we had 3 all pros on our oline, 2 of them future HOFers and Frederick was well on his way and thats a rare thing, so if we somehow duplicate that it would great, but im kinda cautious. In 2014 we had the best running game, and from 2016-2019 we had prime Elliott. I agree with @MountaineerCowboy , that this issue we've had in the post season wont magically get fixed

Verdict

Reaction score
New projected OL depth chart:

Left tackle: (1) Guyton (2) Richards
Left Guard: (1) Smith (2) Bass
Center: (1) Beebe (2) Hoffman
Right Guard: (1) Martin (2) Ball
Right Tackle: (1) Steele (2) Thomas

Not bad at all. Also, don’t heckle me for putting Ball behind Martin until you rewatch his preseason game at Guard last year. He dominated when they moved him inside
No hope for the new guy?

Carson

Reaction score
Im glad we're improving the oline, but our problems are a bit deeper. From 2014-2019 we had 3 all pros on our oline, 2 of them future HOFers and Frederick was well on his way and thats a rare thing, so if we somehow duplicate that it would great, but im kinda cautious. In 2014 we had the best running game, and from 2016-2019 we had prime Elliott. I agree with @MountaineerCowboy , that this issue we've had in the post season wont magically get fixed
Maybe. Maybe not.

But they did address hard nosed, tough kids that like to hit!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Im glad we're improving the oline, but our problems are a bit deeper. From 2014-2019 we had 3 all pros on our oline, 2 of them future HOFers and Frederick was well on his way and thats a rare thing, so if we somehow duplicate that it would great, but im kinda cautious. In 2014 we had the best running game, and from 2016-2019 we had Elliott. I agree with @MountaineerCowboy , that this issue we've had in the post season wont magically get fixed
They can hold off Fred Warner, Joey Bosa, and the rest of the guys all they want too, but that's not going fix stupid decisions by the QB. It's not going to fix giving up 200+ rushing yards. It's not going to fix boneheaded game plans by the coaching staff. It's not going to fix incompetent ownership.

At the end of the day this O-Line can be just as great as the past O-Line, but until the other issues are fixed they will prove once again, that a great O-Line is not enough.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They can hold off Fred Warner, Joey Bosa, and the rest of the guys all they want too, but that's not going fix stupid decisions by the QB. It's not going to fix giving up 200+ rushing yards. It's not going to fix boneheaded game plans by the coaching staff. It's not going to fix incompetent ownership.

At the end of the day this O-Line can be just as great as the past O-Line, but until the other issues are fixed they will prove once again, that a great O-Line is not enough.
We can all agree there was nothing they could do in the draft that would plug all the holes and give necessary depth. This at least gives a very small chance if they can use the OL to shorten games. But of course that’s dependent on a RB that can take advantage of the bigger holes.

This should at minimum have Dak stop throwing it 40+ times every game.