One Star per Week...Maybe Not a Bad Plan...

Reaction score
Okay...seems Garrett is going to try to "create" one star each week pending match-ups (i.e. Williams against Washington, Owens against SF, and Whitten yesterday)...Others will then be freed up to make additional contributions...

Now if we just establish a running game early on as well we MAY BECOME VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Who is the star 9 days from now?

:star:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
vs. steelers our big possesion receiver will be the star! ---- ROY11

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I dont think he is trying to create any stars.

Romo said it last night, we are learning our personnel. They are figuring out how to use their personnel to attack the style of defense they keep seeing.

yesterday seattle pressed and left both safeties deep.

Against sf, witten was open constantly in the middle of the field, the thing was so was owens. I think after watching the film, romo made sure to get it to witten because of the safety over the top on owens for most snaps, not all snaps but most.

It looked to me like seattle was allowing trufant to play owens one on one and they were giving smaller josh wilson help when he lined up on roy williams.

Either way witten was open most of the game. Just like sf. Only this time he got the ball.

If we just keep pass protecting the way we are, there is only so much the back 7 can do when you have the skill players we do.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2450427 said:
Okay...seems Garrett is going to try to "create" one star each week pending match-ups (i.e. Williams against Washington, Owens against SF, and Whitten yesterday)..

:spanking:

Rudy

Reaction score
How many big games and pro bowls does Witten have to make before the world stops putting an "H" in his name?

Reaction score
Rudy;2450475 said:
How many big games and pro bowls does Witten have to make before the world stops putting an "H" in his name?

Sorry...I will go hide in the corner in shame until I am worthy of foregiv...forgivvne...fourgiv...forgivenes...forgivenez...

until you say I can come out. :(

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2450657 said:
Sorry...I will go hide in the corner in shame until I am worthy of foregiv...forgivvne...fourgiv...forgivenes...forgivenez...

until you say I can come out. :(

don't feel bad, the same thing used to happen to Michal Irving too.:)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450438 said:
who will be unleashed next

giggle giggle

:eek:hboy:

I think it will be Roy Williams. Ike Taylor is a big corner and will probably draw T.O for the most part, Polamalou and gang will try to take Witten out of the game. Leaving Williams matched up with Gay mostly....it should be no contest.

Besides, Chris Chambers was traded mid-way through the season in '07 and it wasn't until early December that he began to click with Rivers.....I expect the same type of situation here.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2450681 said:
I think it will be Roy Williams. Ike Taylor is a big corner and will probably draw T.O for the most part, Polamalou and gang will try to take Witten out of the game. Leaving Williams matched up with Gay mostly....it should be no contest.

Besides, Chris Chambers was traded mid-way through the season in '07 and it wasn't until early December that he began to click with Rivers.....I expect the same type of situation here.
i think so too.

romo looks like he's trusting williams more to get open, and anticipating throws to him. this will be key with the heavy blitz by pittsburgh.

JerryFan

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2450681 said:

Not only that, but Tony was hurt when Roy11 first came here. Get the timing down and he's gonna be a monster.

hmcorp

Reaction score
if you cant spell witten you are not a cowboys fan.

go back to the Commanders troll.