One Swarm Download Speed (Bandwidth Hierarchy)

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I am trying to emphasize this as much and as often as possible without sounding redundant, but with all the One Swarm users and the importance of the principle, it can't be over emphasized.

The more bandwidth you provide by remaining on-line for other users, the more bandwidth you will receive via the hierarchy. For example, if John is on-line the most, he will most likely be the One Swarm friend who provides the largest amount of collective bandwidth for other users on his friends list. This will place John at the top of the food chain. He will then have top priority for receiving the most available bandwidth when downloading video from other friends.

If Di*k and I emphasize Di*k, is only on-line for downloading and then immediately goes off-line when he has received what he wants, then he is referred to as a "Hit and Run" leecher. Little does he realize, he is di*king himself. The result will be that he is ineligible for higher bandwidth and his download speed will crawl.

Another important point to make is the addition of friends public keys to your list, and others having added yours as well. An equal exchange amongst all participants, will allow for multiple seeds of video in the network of friends. If you have their public key on your list, and they have yours, then every friend that shares the video you are requesting, will be providing bandwidth for a smooth and fast download speed.

So it's very simple. Get every key/friend from the master list added to your One Swarm application, and make certain your key is on the master list. Then remain on-line even when you are not downloading something. This will allow others to use your bandwidth. In return, this will give you a higher rating and make you eligible for more bandwidth when you need it for faster download speeds.

Where is the Master List? Go to http://cowboysmedia.com and follow the instruction carefully.

Remember don't be a Di*k, after all, you are simply Di*king yourself.

Thanks
SG

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Hey One Swarm users.

Silver and Blue formerly the owner of The Silver and Blue.com, and my former partner at Cowboys Media, has joined our One Swarm community.

He is currently adding his entire collection and more. You will want to add his One Swarm public key to your list of friends to download all his video.

You can get his public key from the master list which I mentioned above.