one thing about our team's situation

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know, but it seems our current situation with Romo being out and with the other injuries, it may be a blessing in disguise. Hear me out.

Before Romo went down, our team showed signs of struggle on both sides of the ball and you could see it. Since this game is a game of emotion, it was looking to have effect on the team's psyche' and we may of gone down a bad slide.

Now Romo went down as well as all the injuries piled up, and we lost one barely won one with TB and on the "verge of losing" to NYG. What is everyone saying and you can hear it through the faces of the players? "after break we will have Romo back and other injured players back..."

You see, the belief in the ability of our offense will be whole again... the emotion will be high, and belief will be restored.

Defense is already playing with some of that, but it will feed off the belief in the offense even more.

J-DOG

Reaction score
RW Hitman;2388077 said:
I don't know, but it seems our current situation with Romo being out and with the other injuries, it may be a blessing in disguise. Hear me out.

Before Romo went down, our team showed signs of struggle on both sides of the ball and you could see it. Since this game is a game of emotion, it was looking to have effect on the team's psyche' and we may of gone down a bad slide.

Now Romo went down as well as all the injuries piled up, and we lost one barely won one with TB and on the "verge of losing" to NYG. What is everyone saying and you can hear it through the faces of the players? "after break we will have Romo back and other injured players back..."

You see, the belief in the ability of our offense will be whole again... the emotion will be high, and belief will be restored.

Defense is already playing with some of that, but it will feed off the belief in the offense even more.
Agree but I think JJ made a great move in picking up Roy Williams.
TO was getting frustrated with the lack of support at the other wr to get coverage off of him.
With Romo back you will see Roy be a major contributor.
No one can really evaluate our offense with Brad Johnson's weak arm and accuracy issues.
Throw in Kosier and Felix Jones coming back...this offense will be scary with teams having to respect our passing game again.
Romo's presence back there opens up the passing game and that will open things up for Barber again.
Right now we are a one dimensional offensive team(run game) with a qb who is not accurate over 7yds.
I see Bollinger getting into this next game one way or another.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
RW Hitman;2388077 said:

I hear you. If we do lose in NY, the media will write us off.

However, I see us coming out of the bye with Romo and most of the other injured players in great shape.

We will play our best football on both sides of the ball and go on a serious run.

And when I say serious run I mean win 6 of 7 or perhaps win out.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think we'll play well when we get everyone back assuming we don't lose more in the interim. I'm still looking at Sunday's game.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Its a blessing if we come back and are on fire...but its a tragedy if the losses we have had mean that we won't make the playoffs.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If we win... and it is a pretty big if... the team will be sky high and will be set up for a second half run into the playoffs. Them learning that they can win under adversity and without their star QB (and everyone else) will be invaluable to the team. All great teams have to learn how to become champions and I think this whole ordeal has been better for the team's intangibles than if we hadn't had the injuries and adversity.

Think back to how much better the team responded to Romo when he replaced Bledsoe. It was almost like they had been running with ankle weights on and Romo coming in was like finally taking them off. I feel like Romo is going to energize the entire team once again when he returns.

That will happen no matter if we win tomorrow or not... but if we do, I think it is going to be like throwing gas on a fire when Tony returns.

JMO.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;2388540 said:
If we win... and it is a pretty big if... the team will be sky high and will be set up for a second half run into the playoffs. Them learning that they can win under adversity and without their star QB (and everyone else) will be invaluable to the team. All great teams have to learn how to become champions and I think this whole ordeal has been better for the team's intangibles than if we hadn't had the injuries and adversity.

Think back to how much better the team responded to Romo when he replaced Bledsoe. It was almost like they had been running with ankle weights on and Romo coming in was like finally taking them off. I feel like Romo is going to energize the entire team once again when he returns.

That will happen no matter if we win tomorrow or not... but if we do, I think it is going to be like throwing gas on a fire when Tony returns.

JMO.

Burn baby, burn.

alancdc

Reaction score
I thought this when it happened, but I have to admit that I thought Johnson would be WAY better than he has been. If he could somehow have a good game today..... COME ON! ONE TIME! ONE TIME!