One thing I'd really like to see with Romo back...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Is consistency on offense. We won the last two games, but our offense seems to rely on big plays to get anything going. It's a problem we suffered with last year too, we had a lot of slow starts but the big plays bailed us out. If we're serious about this playoff thing, we're going to need to figure this out.

I think consistency has been and will forever be the most under appreciated aspect in any sport.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I believe it's coming. If we could consistently get guys of the injury report, and keep them off them, then as Romo gets more and more rust knocked off things are going to be better and better, IMO.

chargrove

Reaction score
Now that Owens has been pacified for a week, let's get Roy W. a 200-yard game. Nothing would free TO up more for the Steelers game. ;)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2442422 said:
Is consistency on offense. We won the last two games, but our offense seems to rely on big plays to get anything going. It's a problem we suffered with last year too, we had a lot of slow starts but the big plays bailed us out. If we're serious about this playoff thing, we're going to need to figure this out.

I think consistency has been and will forever be the most under appreciated aspect in any sport.

I agree. This game sorta reminded me of the Packers game. Consistency is a bit of a problem for us. We certainly have been a big play/ hit or miss type offense.

I do believe we will improve along the consistency line as Romo recovers. However, the only thing that will lead to real consistency is an improved running attack. Koiser's absence concerns me.

thekavorka

Reaction score
yeah, we have to rely on big plays if our running game was as bad as it was against the niners

yimyammer

Reaction score
TheCount;2442422 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Why dont we do more short routes on 1st or 2nd down to get us into shorter yardage situations on 3rd downs? Seems like we have a lot of 3rd and longs

I wish we had a little more west coast offense in us because those short passes work as good as a run by keeping the ball moving forward, eating clock and wearing out the defense, then bamm you hit em with the long ball.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
yimyammer;2442786 said:
Couldn't agree more.

Why dont we do more short routes on 1st or 2nd down to get us into shorter yardage situations on 3rd downs? Seems like we have a lot of 3rd and longs

I wish we had a little more west coast offense in us because those short passes work as good as a run by keeping the ball moving forward, eating clock and wearing out the defense, then bamm you hit em with the long ball.

I think the problem usually arises when on first down we either a) throw and incomplete on the first down, because then Garrett feels we have to throw the next two downs to pick up a first since he doesn't trust the running game to pick up those yards or b) We get a penalty on 1st down, and it becomes 1st and 15, in which case Garrett usually wants to get the penalty yards back and then some, so if we don't complete that pass, then we're looking at 2nd and 15, and he sure isn't going to try and run it in that situation.

The running game has been sketchy, even last year. I can't figure out why those mammoths can't maul people in the running game. From what I've always heard, linemen prefer run blocking to pass blocking since they can go after somebody.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thekavorka;2442770 said:
yeah, we have to rely on big plays if our running game was as bad as it was against the niners

Niners came in trying to take Barber out but were evidently willing to allow TO to go off on them so Dallas took what they gave.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
FCBarca;2442944 said:
I'd like to see the screen :mad:

You don't remember the screen, turned fumble, turned interception? We don't run it in games very often, so the execution is horrible. How many did we even throw to Felix?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;2442951 said:
You don't remember the screen, turned fumble, turned interception? We don't run it in games very often, so the execution is horrible. How many did we even throw to Felix?

Give the 9ers credit they played it well. Dallas has ran screens this season and have executed many of them very well.

FCBarca

Reaction score
TheCount;2442951 said:

Not really the screen I was thinking about...That looked like a botched play from the start...Should've definitely done it more with Felix but Choice could run it very well as could Barber, IMHO.

It's a great way to get both the doubling up of T.O. and the running game a bit more unhinged too

FCBarca

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442953 said:
Give the 9ers credit they played it well. Dallas has ran screens this season and have executed many of them very well.

I don't believe there have been many...It hasn't been called nearly enough, IMHO.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
we scored 35 points,all from the offense.yes Folk kicked 4 field goals,but the offense put him in the position to kick them.the offense has gotten better each week with Romo back.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
#1 that wasn't a screen to choice that was a busted play.

#2 we rarely run screens

#3 I don't think we ever ran a screen for Felix(more evidence that Garrett isn't a very good OC).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FCBarca;2442967 said:
I don't believe there have been many...It hasn't been called nearly enough, IMHO.

Dallas has ran some good screens at times, but screen passes are harder and harder to run these days as defense around the league are extreamly quick and react to them very well. Myself for the most part I don't have a problem with the plays the offense runs we are one of the top scoring teams in the league when Romo is at QB it is not like we are 14 points a game like we did a few years back heck with Romo in the line up we are avg. 28 points a game it is very hard for me to nit pick that fact.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;2442422 said:
One thing I'd really like to see with Romo back...

BraveHeartFan;2442429 said:
I believe it's coming. If we could consistently get guys of the injury report, and keep them off them, then as Romo gets more and more rust knocked off things are going to be better and better, IMO.

If it doesnt come... we wont get far IF we make the playoffs. For one game the Air Attack wont be there for us and BAM.. we are done.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442949 said:
Niners came in trying to take Barber out but were evidently willing to allow TO to go off on them so Dallas took what they gave.

it worked this time, but lot of our big plays came on 3rd and long. I don't want to rely on 3rd and long 40 yard deep balls every game. even if they took barber out of the game, there's no reason to keep having 3rd and longs.