One thing we missed...

links18

Reaction score
In the horror of this game was Henry and Pac getting beat like drums. Understandable when its Larry Fitzgerald, but Steve Breaston?

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
it was mostly henry

what happened to the anthony henry that started off so good last yr before he got hurt?

hes been bad all season.

Audiman

Reaction score
links18;2335223 said:
In the horror of this game was Henry and Pac getting beat like drums. Understandable when its Larry Fitzgerald, but Steve Breaston?

Pacman played better than everybody else on D, in my opinion...

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
they wanted to play man they got beat.

i think it should stop all the "play more man!" rants.

man coverage works but our corner *cough* pac is to short for man coverage

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I only remember Pacman giving up two plays to Larry Fitzgerald. One was a touchdown, and on one he had good coverage. He was all over him, and Warner stuck it in there.

Pacman is excellent in man coverage. He is the least of your problems. That game would have been a blow out in favor of Arizona if he isn't on the team.

joseephuss

Reaction score
FCBarca;2335248 said:
Yes & No...Breaston was a gem of a find for a 5th round pick

I thought he might end up being a better value than Ted Ginn, Jr. in the 1st round. Very similar build, type of receiver and return guy. Ginn will get more opportunities because of his draft status, but Breaston brings many of the same things to the table at far less the price.

jimmy40

Reaction score
joseephuss;2335385 said:
I thought he might end up being a better value than Ted Ginn, Jr. in the 1st round. Very similar build, type of receiver and return guy. Ginn will get more opportunities because of his draft status, but Breaston brings many of the same things to the table at far less the price.
Is Breaston the Michigan guy that had what seemed like 700 return yards against UT in the Rose Bowl?

joseephuss

Reaction score
jimmy40;2335434 said:
Is Breaston the Michigan guy that had what seemed like 700 return yards against UT in the Rose Bowl?

Yes, that's him.

MONT17

Reaction score
links18;2335223 said:

That's because the cowboys outside of Owens they don't see real WRs in practice! Breaston is a typical backup and compared to our backups he is a Super Star!

30yrheel

Reaction score
why people like henry, i don't know. pac seems to be playing well, he's not a good fade cover though

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Audiman;2335236 said:
Pacman played better than everybody else on D, in my opinion...

No, he most certainly did not.

He allowed Fitz to beat him two times within 3 plays on pretty much the exact same route for TDs (They just didnt count the first), he allowed Fitz to get a big first on third later in the game, and he allowed Breaston to get a first down on a third down throw on the drive that allowed the Cards to tie the game up and those are just the 3 plays that I remembered off hand.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2335604 said:

He allowed Fitz to beat him two times within 3 plays on pretty much the exact same route for TDs (They just didnt count the first), he allowed Fitz to get a big first on third later in the game, and he allowed Breaston to get a first down on a third down throw on the drive that allowed the Cards to tie the game up and those are just the 3 plays that I remembered off hand.

Wow, giving up 2 catches to one of the best WRs in the game. Fitz made a great catch on both of those plays, Jones didn't have poor coverage. Perfect throw beats perfect coverage.

And what about the first half? The D was absolutely dominant until that 3rd and 17 play.

Audiman

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2335604 said:

that one fade route was supposed to be doubled. Pacman stayed with his man and had good coverage, the other defender was nowhere close. did he play a perfect game? that's pretty much impossible. but, he played a better game than the whole D.

maybe he should take lessons from Henry. then he could look lost and leave a Breaston wide open in the endzone...