Opinion on a couple of players, please . . . .

Woods

Reaction score
Anthony Smith, FS, Syracuse
Is the main knock on him his 40 time? From what I've been reading, he seems instinctive and a hard hitter.

Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
Has there been anything conclusive with respect to his back and knee rumors? I know a lot of mock drafts have him slipping to the 2nd round. Is he another potential Flozell Adams who may fall to us?

Where would you rank Roman Harper, FS, Alabama versus Anthony Smith and Cedric Griffen? Are they all 3rd rounders in all probability? Or is Griffen more like a 2nd rounder?

Thanks.

groverat

Reaction score
I think Griffin's versatility (could play CB) makes him a little more valuable.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Griffin is likely a 2nd round pick. I'm guessing right now that he'll end up on the Commanders.

McNeil has a narrowing of the spine. That is the primary reason he's sliding down draft boards. When you see all the guys that have to retire due to that, teams are scared that he won't last long in the NFL. But strictly based on play and ability, he's a first rounder. It is possible that he's there when we pick in the 2nd. Just all depends on how different teams look at the injury.

Smith isn't among my favorites. I just don't know that he has the speed to play the position. Yes he can hit, but hitting from a FS is a little over-rated. I want a FS that is more like a CB.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't really like Smith.

Griffin, I think is going to be an excellent value at FS. I definatly like him better then Smith.

I like McNeil. I thought that he was probably the best RT prospect in this draft. The condition is a concern but if he were around in the 2nd, I'd take him.

Woods

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
Griffin is likely a 2nd round pick. I'm guessing right now that he'll end up on the Commanders.

McNeil has a narrowing of the spine. That is the primary reason he's sliding down draft boards. When you see all the guys that have to retire due to that, teams are scared that he won't last long in the NFL. But strictly based on play and ability, he's a first rounder. It is possible that he's there when we pick in the 2nd. Just all depends on how different teams look at the injury.

Smith isn't among my favorites. I just don't know that he has the speed to play the position. Yes he can hit, but hitting from a FS is a little over-rated. I want a FS that is more like a CB.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

With respect to McNeil and the narrowing of the spine,

I was under the impression while it could potentially shorten a player's career, it is significantly more dangerous for a WR, TE, or RB, for example (than an OL).

I've never heard it as a serious risk for an OL, and I've never heard of an OL being forced to retire as a result of that condition. Is this accurate?

Woods

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Don't really like Smith.

Griffin, I think is going to be an excellent value at FS. I definatly like him better then Smith.

I like McNeil. I thought that he was probably the best RT prospect in this draft. The condition is a concern but if he were around in the 2nd, I'd take him.

I feel the same way regarding McNeil. Unless there is something dramatic that our trainers know, I'd be inclined to take him in the 2nd.