Opinions on Kiper.

bennihanna666

Reaction score
My personal opinion on Mel Kiper is that he gets paid alot of money for basically contradicting the obvious. His top players are always screwey and he loves to change his mind all the time. Please, let me know your feelings on Mel.

Duane

Reaction score
bennihanna666 said:
My personal opinion on Mel Kiper is that he gets paid alot of money for basically contradicting the obvious. His top players are always screwey and he loves to change his mind all the time. Please, let me know your feelings on Mel.
I'm not a big Kiper fan. I've characterized him in the past as a over inflated talking head that doesn't know 1/10th as much about players as he leads on.

ghst187

Reaction score
My opinion is that I know more than him about how prospects will do in the NFL and their draft values...and I have better hair.

PS Also, I don't get paid by agents to puff up certain player values

nathanlt

Reaction score
I had a decent amount of respect for his opinions until he put Dan Cody as the #3 player overall!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am split on Kiper.

He is a bit overrated. We are talking about a ugy who said Emmitt would be a failure. Mandarich would own the league and other stuff. He isn't infallible. But he does do his homework and try to cover lots of guys. He hits on some small school prospects no one has heard of and that requires real legwork.

He does frustrate me that he moves guys so far on his boards. A guy should be #3 3 weeks after the combine and #145 the day before the draft without getting into any trouble, interviewing with teams or running.

jamez25

Reaction score
Mandarich would own the league and other stuff.
I don't remember him saying that but I do remember Joe Theisman saying we should take Mandarich over Aikman in that draft....what a maroon .

Roughneck

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
My opinion is that I know more than him about how prospects will do in the NFL and their draft values...and I have better hair.
Bull****.

hendog

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I am split on Kiper.

He is a bit overrated. We are talking about a ugy who said Emmitt would be a failure. Mandarich would own the league and other stuff. He isn't infallible. But he does do his homework and try to cover lots of guys. He hits on some small school prospects no one has heard of and that requires real legwork.

He does frustrate me that he moves guys so far on his boards. A guy should be #3 3 weeks after the combine and #145 the day before the draft without getting into any trouble, interviewing with teams or running.[/QUOTE

What's a ugy