Opposing QB - they always get into a rhythm

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
This is a pattern I have noticed over the last number of years.

We can be dominating early and the other teams QB looks lost and all of a sudden we seem to go Vanilla and they get a completion, then another, then a big one, then another and oh oh. Our play calling doesn't seem to attempt to disrupt the other team while the momentum is gathering. We seem to allow it continue. No Corner Blitzes, no different looks, etc.

Maybe it's just frustration, but how does the other team go from lost to comfortable. The defensive coach has to try and come up with something instead of letting them slowly get back into it.

Sometimes we dominate for even longer and allow teams to get back into the flow and start dictating. We took it too them early but let them off hook again. I know it's a broken record to say it was conservative, but in that 2nd quarter we let them have their confidence back and allowed the crowd back in, when I again am sitting there going "what happened", finish these guys off!

Maybe I just didn't see them or we didn't execute them well, but where was the blitz and pass rush once Jacksonville starting rolling. It disappeared.

LarryCanadian