OT but gotta Know what kinda trouble could the Vikes be in for this?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN news that Mike Tice brought in a fan to play guard in practice today to show the players that anyone could learn the plays. It was a thrill for the fan, but I'm wondering how many CBA rules he violated in doing this? A player cant practice in TC without a contract Period so will the NFL fine him or what could they do or will do considering they have lowered the hammer on a few teams this offseason for violations? and I don't know if the fan actually had contact or not but it doesn't matter as far as the rules are concerend I dont' think it matters one way or the other.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He is novel. I thought he was dopey since entering the league. Although a little unorthodox I think the guy is actually a good coach. Watch out for the Vikings this year. They could be major players.

Since the fan is not a member of the association then he's probably considered as contract help. I don't see a problem as long as he signed a waiver not to sue the club if someone killed him.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Tice rewarded the fan with a couple of Super Bowl tickets and a Whizinator.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Probably no different than having Jim Burt tangle with the Cowboys defensive linemen.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Probably no different than having Jim Burt tangle with the Cowboys defensive linemen.
That is what I was thinking. He would probably be considered as more of a coach (or coaching aide) than a player. I seriously doubt that there was any contact; that would have been incredibly stupid on the part of both Tice and the fan.

parchy

Reaction score
Tice is such a meathead... somebody get that guy a beer helmet and a plate of nachos.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
The difference is Burt was brought in as an aide which was arranged ahead of time and in an instructional role stephen Jones prob made sure there was nothing in the rules ahead of time that would cause problems. Burt was also given some sort of compensation and signed some sort of contract.

Tice did this on the spur of the moment the fan took a players role and was brought in to show the players that anyone could play the position.

Then again who knows thats why I asked.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief said:
Tice rewarded the fan with a couple of Super Bowl tickets and a Whizinator.

:laugh2: :laugh1:

Gold Jerry Gold