OT: Fact or Fiction

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Name a more gifted player in the history of professional athletics? Bo Jackson maybe? That's it.

He a terrific ballhandler, passer, and shooter. He is maybe the greatest pure athlete to ever grace a basktball court. He is 6'8'', 240, and can jump nearly 50 inches off the ground. He runs a 4.4 40. The only thing he needs to work on is defense. He has all the tools to be the greatest ever, and is certainly better than Kobe.
ball handling is average, pretty good for a sf though, there have been guys more athletically gifted, but that is not the point. He has not done a thing in the nba that suggests he is better then kobe. His teams have collapsed late the last two seasons, his defense is horrendous, his outside shooting isn't as good, he isn't as clutch. He has better passing, rebounding and a better finisher near the basket. If you said he has the most talent of this generation, fine, but he is by no means the best.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Kobe should try winning one of those rings without Shaq before we EVEN BEGIN talking about greatest NBA player ever. Jordan didn't have one of the most dominant centers in NBA history on his team. Tim Duncan had the aging Admiral during his first two championships, but not the third. As far as players of the last decade, I wouldn't blink twice about taking Shaq, Duncan or Jordan over Kobe anyday of the week. That's before we even get into the whole history argument where we get fellas like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Hakeem Olajuwon and the list goes on....

Kobe is talented, but let's see where is high scoring gets him in the Playoffs without another All Star to back him up.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Kobe should try winning one of those rings without Shaq before we EVEN BEGIN talking about greatest NBA player ever. Jordan didn't have one of the most dominant centers in NBA history on his team. Tim Duncan had the aging Admiral during his first two championships, but not the third. As far as players of the last decade, I wouldn't blink twice about taking Shaq, Duncan or Jordan over Kobe anyday of the week. That's before we even get into the whole history argument where we get fellas like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Hakeem Olajuwon and the list goes on....

Kobe is talented, but let's see where is high scoring gets him in the Playoffs without another All Star to back him up.
It depends on what you consider this decade. MJ i don't think belongs in the argument, and Shaq is gonna have a lot of average seasons and kobe is gonna have a lot of great ones before 2010. Duncan doesn't have a lot of gas in the tank as well, with the foot injury, and I consider Parker SA's mvp this season.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
fiction

MJ made his team better

Kobe would never be able to win a championship with Bill Cartwright or Luc Longley at center. So people will say well he had Pippen. I say what did Pippen do without MJ? Nada

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
fiction

MJ made his team better

Kobe would never be able to win a championship with Bill Cartwright or Luc Longley at center. So people will say well he had Pippen. I say what did Pippen do without MJ? Nada
he won 50 + games with a pretty avg supporting cast. What did MJ do without pippen?