OT: I need to get this off my chest...

Nav22

Reaction score
Vick is garbage. I mean it. I still can't believe how overhyped this clown is. If the Falcons D wasn't so good tonight, the Eagles would've crushed them. And Vick would be the goat instead of the hero.

He makes 3-4 great plays all game (a few good scrambles, the deep ball to Jenkins), and is CRAP the rest of the game... and people are on his nuts...why?

That sack/fumble he took from Dawkins on 3rd down, when they were up 7 and in FG range... wow. Just wow. It's not like Dawkins came out of nowhere. He was on the freakin line of scrimmage showing blitz, but does Hype Machine recognize this? Does he audible, change the play, change the protection? Nope!

I almost fell off my sofa watching NFL Total Access after the game. Soloman Wilcots interviewed him after the game, tosses out the typical media as$-kissing... "You wanted to prove that you could deliver not just with your legs but also with your arm, and it looks like you proved your critics wrong."

Vick responds, "Yeah I did prove the critics wrong..."

:laugh1: 1 rushing TD and 3 turnovers... he proved me wrong alright! I thought he sucked before last night... now I know the truth. He blows major a$s and is without a doubt the most overrated player in professional sports.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Agreed ............... But I would hate to have to plan a defense against him.

mullet

Reaction score
vick can't throw. he missed so many receivers last night. he is just not improving. and, it is getting close to time that it is admitted and accepted that he will never be an accurate passer.
can he still be a good player/QB? Yes. But, his passing will keep him from being an upper-echelon QB.

Reaction score
He is overrated, but he like Moss the NFL must hype...
No matter how many flaws in their game they have...

I sense both McChunky & Vick wearing down, I doubt they last the year upright...

Gordon

Reaction score
He makes you cringe when you see he's about to throw the ball, but he's a play maker. I've said it before.. Look at the Falcons record without Vick playing, when he was a rookie and when he was hurt, and look at it when he is playing. He changes the entire game.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Falcons won, and without his rushing TD, and his 80 yard bomb to Jenkins the eagles win the game, hate him all you want call him overrated, but he wins the game this is why fans dont run the teams

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Vick does hust enough to win you football games.The biggest thing with the Falcons is not Vick but their Defense.

Defense>Vick>Dunn>WR

Nav22

Reaction score
Falcons won, and without his rushing TD, and his 80 yard bomb to Jenkins the eagles win the game, hate him all you want call him overrated, but he wins the game this is why fans dont run the teams
1) The "bomb" to Jenkins was around 40 yards, not 80.

2) What "won the game" for the Falcons was defense. Stevie Wonder could see that. Vick got the win DESPITE a miserable performance that included 3 turnovers.

And this is nothing new. This guy has 50 career total TDs and 49 career turnovers. Are these figures of a "great" QB? Or even a "good" QB? Or are they figures of a QB who messes up and has a stifling D to cover his behind? Take a wild guess.

"But he wins!" you say? Well since when has "winning" been enough to warrant incomprehensible amounts of hype for a QB? Did Brad Johnson get ridiculous amounts of hype for winning the Super Bowl? Because he had a better year in 2002 than Vick has EVER had. What about Trent Dilfer?

But by all means, keep touting him as the best thing since sliced bread. The media, Tagliabue, the networks, and Arthur Blank will LOVE you for it!