OT: Never thought I'd see this day (ES, Gibbs)

fortdick

Reaction score
Well, if Parcell's was losing with this team now, wouldn't we be saying something similar?

Brave

Reaction score
Frustrated fans say anything ... especially after losing so many close games in a row.

It's hard not to look at coaching when you seem to have a team that has all the pieces to be a playoff team. Dumb penalties, turnovers and bad playcalling have cost this team dearly, and coaching has something to do with that.

But, Gibbs will have no trouble getting a 3rd year to turn the franchise around. More of the same next year, however, and you'll REALLY start to hear some noise.

Brave

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Has any coach lasted more than 3 yrs since Synder bought the team?

Actually, no coach has lasted more than 2 years since Snyder took over.

But, I am not one to think the problem is with the owner. He hasn't turned the ball over, made dumb penalties, called bad plays, etc. He puts the pieces in place ... they have to perform.

I think he's put some decent pieces in place (finally) but they stil have work to do.

Gordon

Reaction score
Brave said:
Actually, no coach has lasted more than 2 years since Snyder took over.

But, I am not one to think the problem is with the owner. He hasn't turned the ball over, made dumb penalties, called bad plays, etc. He puts the pieces in place ... they have to perform.

I think he's put some decent pieces in place (finally) but they stil have work to do.

Snyder is to blame.. He ran Schottenheimer out of town after an 8-8 season in which they started like 3-8 or 4-8.. All beacuase The Ol' Ball Coach was available.

kmd24

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Well, if Parcell's was losing with this team now, wouldn't we be saying something similar?

Not the same. Parcells was an outsider. This is the Skins fan equivalent of the second coming.

Brave

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Snyder is to blame.. He ran Schottenheimer out of town after an 8-8 season in which they started like 3-8 or 4-8.. All beacuase The Ol' Ball Coach was available.

In retrospect, not a good move. However, at the time ... I was all for it. I don't blame Snyder for making that move at that time. HIndsight shows it to be a mistake, however.

Gordon

Reaction score
It was stupid at the time and was widely criticized.. It's not like Schottenheimer is Joe Schmo.. He had success in the league prior to that, and obviously he has after that..

Brave

Reaction score
Gordon said:
It was stupid at the time and was widely criticized.. It's not like Schottenheimer is Joe Schmo.. He had success in the league prior to that, and obviously he has after that..

There was also criticism bringing Schott in. He was the guy who could "never win the big game." And he still hasn't. He wasn't Joe Schmo, but he wasn't exactly Lombardi, either.

Yes, he may have stabilized the franchise and prevented the Spurrier "circus." But I don't know if we'd be any closer to a championship now than we are with Gibbs. All one can do is speculate.

jman

Reaction score
fortdick said:

Hell, we are in a first place tie with the Giants and still some people here want Parcells gone...LOL

As if it was because of Parcells that we are not all alone in first place at 9-2 or 10-1...

Some people will never be happy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crumbling as I predicted from the day Snyder hired Gibbs.

Gibbs signed for the money and will be out in short order.

Watch.