OT: Other team's fans have brain diarrhea, too

superpunk

Reaction score
Just mentioning this because it has been a hot-button topic in the past, and I thought it was interesting.

Dow 22-14, Pittsburgh found themselves on Jacksonville's goalline, needing a TD and 2 point conversion to tie. Only, Pittsburgh's crowd was so incredibly loud that Ben R. and Hines Ward had to wave their arms up and down ferociously, imploring their fans to quiet down so they could run the offense in this critical situation at the goalline, AND on the 2 point conversion.

The notion is that Dallas' fans are front-running morons, and can't compete intellectually or vocally with a Nor'East crowd. This situation was just an example of that not being so. :cool:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
The WORST part about this game was the fact many Pitt fans were up and leaving with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I couldn't believe it.

superpunk

Reaction score
smarta5150;1840405 said:
The WORST part about this game was the fact many Pitt fans were up and leaving with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I couldn't believe it.

lol...forgot to add that. There was a mass exodus down 15 points in the middle of the third. Talk about confidence!

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
superpunk;1840401 said:
Just mentioning this because it has been a hot-button topic in the past, and I thought it was interesting.

Dow 22-14, Pittsburgh found themselves on Jacksonville's goalline, needing a TD and 2 point conversion to tie. Only, Pittsburgh's crowd was so incredibly loud that Ben R. and Hines Ward had to wave their arms up and down ferociously, imploring their fans to quiet down so they could run the offense in this critical situation at the goalline, AND on the 2 point conversion.

The notion is that Dallas' fans are front-running morons, and can't compete intellectually or vocally with a Nor'East crowd. This situation was just an example of that not being so. :cool:

Hmmmm, that's weird because the stadium was about 3/4 empty at that point. You can even check their message board at Steelers Live and they are whining about the stands emptying. Those die hard Stealer fans hit the exits after the Jags went up 22-7. They are notorious front runners though. I remember that 2002 playoff game against the Browns when they were behind by 15 or so, that stadium was empty- a bunch of yellow seats- and they came back and won. Same thing in 2004 when they lost to the Pats in the title game. Oh, and in 2005 when they stole the Super Bowl, they were given up for dead by their "fans" after back-to-back losses to the Colts and the Bengals. For some reason they were suddenly back after they beat Indy in the playoffs.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
smarta5150;1840405 said:

I couldn't believe it.

superpunk;1840409 said:
lol...forgot to add that. There was a mass exodus down 15 points in the middle of the third. Talk about confidence!

kingwhicker;1840411 said:
Hmmmm, that's weird because the stadium was about 3/4 empty at that point. You can even check their message board at Steelers Live and they are whining about the stands emptying. Those die hard Stealer fans hit the exits after the Jags went up 22-7. They are notorious front runners though. I remember that 2002 playoff game against the Browns when they were behind by 15 or so, that stadium was empty- a bunch of yellow seats- and they came back and won. Same thing in 2004 when they lost to the Pats in the title game. Oh, and in 2005 when they stole the Super Bowl, they were given up for dead by their "fans" after back-to-back losses to the Colts and the Bengals. For some reason they were suddenly back after they beat Indy in the playoffs.

You were too busy typing ;)