OT, Spurrier may return to Florida

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Was reported by Buck Belue on 680 The Fan here in Atlanta...he said his high ranking Gator source indicated Spurrier has changed his mind about not returning to college football and is interested in returning now

the other name mentioned is the guy at Utah, but Belue says the job is Spurrier's assuming he does indeed want it

David

dstew60105

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Was reported by Buck Belue on 680 The Fan here in Atlanta...he said his high ranking Gator source indicated Spurrier has changed his mind about not returning to college football and is interested in returning now

the other name mentioned is the guy at Utah, but Belue says the job is Spurrier's assuming he does indeed want it

David

As A UF alum, this news about Zook being fired makes last weekends loss bearable. Hopefully Spurrier returns to the Swamp.

Don

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
phillycowboyslover said:
any chance we can get florida on the schedule next year????

:D

This Cowboy team doesn't deserve to play on Saturdays... at this pace Friday night games look to be more even.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David
I heard the president at florida is who hired urban meyer at utah. So he may have the inside track.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I heard the president at florida is who hired urban meyer at utah. So he may have the inside track.

Hey boys and girls,

Yes, the timing was a little off with the firing of Zook--should have waited until the end of the season, however I think the athletes are fired up and ready to send Zook out with some wins. They were mighty upset about losing their coach.

I do feel like Spurrier will be re-hired if he indeed wants the job, but of course there is the whole thing of going through the motions and interviewing other people "to be fair." Urban Meyer is the other guy on the short list that we may get since Bernie Machen (UF pres.) hired him at Utah, as Yeagermeister reported above. We should know who the new hire (or old hire if Spurrier returns--heh heh) is by mid-December, and that was a statement issued today on Gatorzone.com, the Official Gator Sports website.

I'm getting excited about a return to winning SEC Championships and possible National Championships. Did I think Zook could take us there? No. One thing that I do admire him for is recruiting. Whoever we hire will have a stocked cupboard...full of young, talented athletes...and will know how to get the best out of these guys.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
any chance we can get florida on the schedule next year????

:D

Well, I think the difference between the Spurrier coached NFL "Gators" and his Florida Gators is one thing...MONEY. With the way this Cowboys team is playing this year, a Spurrier coached Florida team has a very good chance of winning--the athletes are a bit more receptive to his coaching. Part of his NFL problem was dealing with athletes that are paid too much and have such attitudes that you just can't get through to them.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Gatorgirl said:
Well, I think the difference between the Spurrier coached NFL "Gators" and his Florida Gators is one thing...MONEY. With the way this Cowboys team is playing this year, a Spurrier coached Florida team has a very good chance of winning--the athletes are a bit more receptive to his coaching. Part of his NFL problem was dealing with athletes that are paid too much and have such attitudes that you just can't get through to them.
His problem in the pros was the fact that qb's can't continue to live running his offense. Great college offense, horrible pro offense.