OT Titans First Round Pick Jones In Trouble with Law Again

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
From Me: I don't know how many of you remember but back right after the combine it was reported that Pac-Man's urine test came back funny and raised flags. In this report he got into a scuffle with a club manager and bouncer when his friends who were smoking Pot where asked to leave. My question is this can he be asked to go into the leagues substance abuse program for something like this even though he wasn't accused of smoking the Pot himself, but for failing to meet the standards set by the league?

The Article

Report: Titans first round pick "Pacman" Jones in trouble with the law
WKRN TV in Nashville is reporting that two arrest warrents were issued for Tennessee Titans first round draft choice Adam "Pacman" Jones for assault and vandalism after an incident at an area nightclub.

Advertisment

Two men said they were assaulted by Jones. A general manager and bouncer at the club claim they were assaulted by Jones just after midnight. It is believed that a few of Jones’ friendw were asked to leave the club for allegedly smoking marijuana. Jones reportedly lunged at the two men. The club general manager alleged Jones ripped his shirt and broke the necklace he was wearing.

Jones' agent Michael Huyghue issued a statement early Wednesday, stating: "Regrettably, there are certain individuals out there who are opportunists who prey on professional athletes for financial gain. And unfortunately, this is one of those incidents."

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Another Sean Taylor perhaps....

My Opinion: I think that a whole lot of players in the NFL smoke weed...Once the NFL finds out that 98% of the NFL smokes weed, the Government probably will legalize it.. or have a vote on the rule to legalize...Once they do that, then the Cowboys could negotiate 4 Tons of Northern Lights and 10 Pounds of Chronic and 10 Million dollar contract/w a 5 million Dollar signing bonus to Randy Moss... His mind will be so fried, he would want more... That's a bargining, the NFL could save a whole lot of money by legalizing it...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Compacity said:

My Opinion: I think that a whole lot of players in the NFL smoke weed...Once the NFL finds out that 98% of the NFL smokes weed, the Government probably will legalize it.. or have a vote on the rule to legalize...Once they do that, then the Cowboys could negotiate 4 Tons of Northern Lights and 10 Pounds of Chronic and 10 Million dollar contract/w a 5 million Dollar signing bonus to Randy Moss... His mind will be so fried, he would want more... That's a bargining, the NFL could save a whole lot of money by legalizing it...

legalize it....We have the best distribution agent in Nate Newtown. Good ole Step would be out of a job though, his work would be finished.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Compacity said:

So... The DEA may be raiding Valley Ranch...
Hauling JJ away....
But it's for medical purposes officer. :laugh1:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What's the scoop Brain? You got any inside "WV" info on this one?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
What's the scoop Brain? You got any inside "WV" info on this one?

Nope Sorry.

Maybe WVCowboys has some info but I don't. :(

Reaction score
Sorry Comp,

Too many drug compaines making BILLIONS of $$$ to ever let them allow Pot to be legal...

The Tobbaco & Booz company's are also at the top of the list to stop any legal talk of pot...

31smackdown

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher was on the NFL Channel on Sirius Radio last week and said that Pac-Man was out of shape when he came to camp. Fisher was trying to be as positive as possible with it being a first round pick, but you could tell that he thought Jones had some things to work on.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Titans | More about A. Jones Situation
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:25:44 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports a night court commissioner set bond at $7,000 for Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones after he surrendered to police Wednesday morning, July 13. The charges included one felony vandalism charge and two misdemeanor counts of assault. A spokesman said the team was aware of the situation.

As noted earlier, nightclub owner Robert Gaddy filed the complaint against Jones. Gaddy told police the incident began when he asked two of Jones' friends to leave the 615 Club because "they were smoking drugs." Jones became belligerent, "started cussing the victim, grabbed his T-shirt and broke victim's necklace," the warrant says. Friends pulled Jones away but he broke loose, ran at Gaddy and hit him in the chest with his fist. As Jones was leaving, he shouted a racial epithet at a club employee and hit him in the chest with his fist, the warrant says. Jones is charged with vandalism because he damaged Gaddy's necklace, valued at $4,000. Jones' lawyer, Roger May, said the charges were filed only because his client is a sports celebrity.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

jman

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Titans | More about A. Jones Situation
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:25:44 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports a night court commissioner set bond at $7,000 for Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones after he surrendered to police Wednesday morning, July 13. The charges included one felony vandalism charge and two misdemeanor counts of assault. A spokesman said the team was aware of the situation.

As noted earlier, nightclub owner Robert Gaddy filed the complaint against Jones. Gaddy told police the incident began when he asked two of Jones' friends to leave the 615 Club because "they were smoking drugs." Jones became belligerent, "started cussing the victim, grabbed his T-shirt and broke victim's necklace," the warrant says. Friends pulled Jones away but he broke loose, ran at Gaddy and hit him in the chest with his fist. As Jones was leaving, he shouted a racial epithet at a club employee and hit him in the chest with his fist, the warrant says. Jones is charged with vandalism because he damaged Gaddy's necklace, valued at $4,000. Jones' lawyer, Roger May, said the charges were filed only because his client is a sports celebrity.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Or a complete idiot that deserve to have charges filed against him. But he need not dispare...The charges will be dropped or redused to simple assult.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
As a WVU season ticket holder I watched Pac Man his entire career here at WVU. Here's what I can tell you:

As a true freshman at WVU before ever playing a down of football for the Eers, Pac Man was arrested for "allegedly" beating a couple fellow students down with a pool cue during a bar room altercation. It was never proved that a pool cue was used and Pac Man insisted that he hit the two so hard with his 'fists' that they must have thought it was a pool cue. In any event, the charges were dropped.
The remainder of his career here at Wv Pac Man was a good "citizen" and team leader. Coaches often praised his work ethic and leadership qualities.

Since being drafted, however, this is not the first incident I've heard about. The story ALWAYS evolves around a "nightclub". It seems to me that the $$$ and the bling bling that goes with it has gone to his head. Also, his choice of "friends" leaves much to be desired.

This kid came from one of the worst neighborhoods in Atlanta. He was VERY poor and spent much time on the streets. While it seems he has escaped that harsh life, it seems to be coming back to haunt him. Like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, etc., Pac Man seems to be associating with some of his old buddies which, in time, could get him in trouble(i.e Jamal Lewis).

Hopefully, this is nothing more than Pac man needing a swift kick in the *** or the rality of riding the pine in the NFL. The kid has TREMENDOUS talent and it would be a shame if he pissed it away! In this case, if the report is true, the club owner did the right thing by filing charges.

When are these athletes going to learn? NOTHING good happens in a club after midnight! Geez.