OT - Where has JFE gone?

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

OK so this is a bit off topic and I am not sure why I even care about a journalists comings and goings... but that being said, what happened to Jennifer Floyd Engel at the FWST? I think I can say that many here, including myself, very much enjoyed her writing. I don't recall seeing hide nor hair of her this season.

What gives? Anyone have the scoop on Ms. Engels whereabouts? :confused:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
Hey guys and gals,

OK so this is a bit off topic and I am not sure why I even care about a journalists comings and goings... but that being said, what happened to Jennifer Floyd Engel at the FWST? I think I can say that many here, including myself, very much enjoyed her writing. I don't recall seeing hide nor hair of her this season.

I listen to her every day on ESPNRadio Dallas...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She does a radio show instead of being in the print media now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I think someone in here posted that her husband took over her spot as a Cowboys beat writer so now she does the radio show.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Oh, bummer! Her writing was so good. I always liked the way she could tell a story and give it a different perspective. Is she as good on the radio?

Thanks guys, I can rest better now that this little mystery is solved!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
Oh, bummer! Her writing was so good. I always liked the way she could tell a story and give it a different perspective. Is she as good on the radio?

They have replaced her with that Chad Peters guy :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDPlayer said:

I have only listened to her radio show a few times....I will just say I would rather read her columns as her voice kind of bugs me. :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have only listened to her radio show a few times....I will just say I would rather read her columns as her voice kind of bugs me. :D

Well I like her on Radio, but in her articles she is more objective. I guess she puts on the radio jock hat on to be opiniated. But I guess I like her mostly maybe due to the fact most of her opinions are usually in line with my opinions. So I Guess I am biased that way.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
After listening to her for a month or two, how ever long shes been on, I like her. Though she looks nothing like she sounds. She backs up her arguements with facts, but shes hard to sway the other way even if you present facts contary to hers. But she makes good arguements and makes you think.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I think someone in here posted that her husband took over her spot as a Cowboys beat writer so now she does the radio show.

Actually she is a columnist, so kind of got promoted at the Paper too. She writes columns every week, just not on the regular Ft STar Telegram Cowboys page but on columnist page.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Her promotion to a 'column' was a waste, imo.

Not only did we lose the best Boys beat writer, but the "Little Balls of Hate" column is so unlike JFE that she strives desperately for even one negative take, and ends up with tripe like 'the oline has to block better'. Or basketball and baseball junk.

With all the sourpuss columnists covering the team like Hanson and LeBreton, Fraley, Lucksa and others, why restrict Jenny to such a narrow theme?

The only one she ever went off on was Quincy, hence her nickname and the corresponding column title.

But a column filled with negativity or spite just ain't her. So it's lame, lame, lame.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

With all the sourpuss columnists covering the team like Hanson and LeBreton, Fraley, Lucksa and others, why restrict Jenny to such a narrow theme?

Don't forget Mike Fisher. The Tuna must have tinkled in his Wheaties because he is one bitter writer.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Not only did we lose the best Boys beat writer, but the "Little Balls of Hate" column is so unlike JFE that she strives desperately for even one negative take, and ends up with tripe like 'the oline has to block better'. Or basketball and baseball junk.

The only one she ever went off on was Quincy, hence her nickname and the corresponding column title.

But a column filled with negativity or spite just ain't her. So it's lame, lame, lame.

Actually, she is pretty strong on her opinions and not mincing words when she gets going and hence her nickname. It wasn't just because of Quincy. Its Randy Galloway who gave her that Nick Name and it stuck.

But I agree, her Column is not that great. She was really good as Beat Writer. Mac does a good job too ( her husband), but Jenn was really good at it.

Oh the other guys you listed are DMN not Star Telegram, different papers:D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
JFE was great when she started out........Now I don't even look forward to her in season articles any more.

Her off-season articles tend have much more sizzle because everyone is an expert before the games start.

Sadly she has crossed over into mediot haven. I remember the good ol Jenny. Quotes galore, no favorites (even if she did have some you couldn't tell) and less opinion.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
JFE was great when she started out........Now I don't even look forward to her in season articles any more.

Her off-season articles tend have much more sizzle because everyone is an expert before the games start.

Sadly she has crossed over into mediot haven. I remember the good ol Jenny. Quotes galore, no favorites (even if she did have some you couldn't tell) and less opinion.
:lmao2:

Transparent.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
Hey guys and gals,

Maybe its cuz I'm 20.......I dont know, but where in the hell did you get that saying? I'm from the country (kinda), and I've never heard that.......you make it up? lol

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
Maybe its cuz I'm 20.......I dont know, but where in the hell did you get that saying? I'm from the country (kinda), and I've never heard that.......you make it up? lol
You're kidding? That's older than my grandma and she farts dust.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Now THAT'LL make ya feel old, eh Hostile? Yeah, Im not sure wher that saying came from, but it is oooooold school bro.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Bah I'm 26 and I've heard that. :) It's called reading. ;)