Our 2008 "Sea-of-Red" Injury List - With positive wrap-up....

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
First of all I am putting this post together extremely quickly so I know that I'm missing some.

So here is the list: Everybody in RED indicates that they have missed games, on IR, didn't start the season here, played through injuries or multiple injuries, suspended, will play through injuries in the upcoming game, or a combination of all, or some of these.

Note that both Ratliff and Ladoucer (Long Snapper) are listed because I saw them pop up on an injury report..I'm not sure of their injuries, but it stated they are likely to play.

Sad thing is..I am pretty certain that I am still missing some injuries - I'll let you guys add any that I missed.

QB - Romo - Johnson
RB - Barber - Felix - Choice
FB - Anderson
WR - Owens - RW11 - Crayton - Austin - Hurd - Stanback
TE - Witten - Bennett - Curtis
OL - Adams - Kosier - Gurode - Davis - Colombo - Holland - Ladoucer

DL - Spears - Ratliff - Canty
LBs - Ware - Thomas - James - Ellis - Spencer
CBs - Newman - Henry - Pacman - Scandrick - Jenkins
Safeties: RW - Hamlin - Davis - Watkins

P: Mcbriar
K: Folk

That Makes 26 out of 40 players or 65% of our team injured etc this year.

If I have time, possibly next week, I'll try to do a breakdown on how many consecutive games these units actually started together - It hasn't been many, think in the lines of maybe 2 games for our entire secondary (or did they even get that many) and not many more for the others - With the exception of our front 7.

If we get to the playoffs and have success, then this is a huge tribute to the core of this team. And yes, I will say it....the "majority" of our coaching staff as well.

Actually, am I the only one that stands proud that we were able to overcome this many injuries and changing units from week-to-week to even be at 8-5 in the NFC East.

Although, yes - I would be highly disappointed without playoffs and victories throughout the playoffs - But....

I don't know that I've ever seen anything like this in any season. Heck, I'll be darned if another team ever has even matched this.

With all of these injuries/distractions/suspension/players that weren't even here at the start of the season...I actually feel very good about the diligence and heart of this team to get through all the adversity while still sitting here controlling our own playoff destiny.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Just added Anderson at FB and Scandrick..That's 28 of 42 now...I'll add the new percentage when I have time.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Well you can say Ware was injured but he didnt miss any time and it didn't seem to slow him down very much either.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
ajk23az;2484883 said:
Well you can say Ware was injured but he didnt miss any time and it didn't seem to slow him down very much either.

That is true..But I put him on there under the "played through injury" as I indicated on the top.

Same as Witten, except he falls under the "played through multiple injuries" portion. Dislocated Shoulder, Ribs, Jaw and ankle.

Also, Ware and Witten are what i consider to be a major part of the "core of the team" as I mentioned in the last part of the post.

Some of these guys we have on this team just can't be slowed down too much. That is why I am proud of what we had to, and still are fighting through. Even though I just wish the injury bug would just go away.