Our CB trade with Minnesota

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In last night's game against the Raiders we got to see Booth who was traded to us for Nashon Wright. Former 2nd round pick, made some really good tackles. What are your thoughts on him, he showed more last night than the player we traded for last year at CB Noah I. Can Booth make this team??

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Booth played surprisingly well, considering what we got for whom we gave up.
I was, actually, pleased with our overall performance. No injuries, to boot.:thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
And that's why it's sometimes just the change of scheme or scenery.

On a side note, it pleases me immensely that the change of scenery for Justin Fields in Pittsburg will NOT help them one iota.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seemed like Booth played well. Even on that long completion he was in good position. He'll have a tough time making the final cut. Dallas has good depth in the secondary. Nice trade.
He should at least be on the PS Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Carson, (scott and booth) may have to be the last ones

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that's why it's sometimes just the change of scheme or scenery.

On a side note, it pleases me immensely that the change of scenery for Justin Fields in Pittsburg will NOT help them one iota.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool you said that like you live in PA

johneric8

Reaction score
I have to say, I've gone on record as being very down on our Cowboys after all the playoff failures but I really do believe our defense is going to take what they learned from Quinn and be even better under zimmer. I think it's obvious to all of you whom have watched like me that their discipline compared to what it was with Quinn is startling...

Carson

Reaction score
I have to say, I've gone on record as being very down on our Cowboys after all the playoff failures but I really do believe our defense is going to take what they learned from Quinn and be even better under zimmer. I think it's obvious to all of you whom have watched like me that their discipline compared to what it was with Quinn is startling...
The discipline has shown in two games.

Much better open field tackling, swarm tackling and the defense seems much more stout against the run.

johneric8

Reaction score
The discipline has shown in two games.

Much better open field tackling, swarm tackling and the defense seems much more stout against the run.
The linebacker strategy works very well with the Dline. They have clear cut assignments and no their rolls. Reminds me a bit of how Parcells ran things while he was here but with better corner and safety play. I think Quinn's aggressive corner play will always stick with players like Diggs, Bland and the others who were coached by him, but the zone tactics of Zimmer will challenge them to grow in such a focused style of play. I'm excited to see how this style of defense translates, but if early games are any indication albeit pre season I think this defense is going to be much more difficult to push around overall.. Zimmer is a hard nosed coach who is not anyone's best friend and I think this will translate well to a bunch thats been living in the country club with uncle Quinn..

And for the record- Lance over Rush... Too much talent and upside with Lance...

Pokes12

Reaction score
The linebacker strategy works very well with the Dline. They have clear cut assignments and no their rolls. Reminds me a bit of how Parcells ran things while he was here but with better corner and safety play. I think Quinn's aggressive corner play will always stick with players like Diggs, Bland and the others who were coached by him, but the zone tactics of Zimmer will challenge them to grow in such a focused style of play. I'm excited to see how this style of defense translates, but if early games are any indication albeit pre season I think this defense is going to be much more difficult to push around overall.. Zimmer is a hard nosed coach who is not anyone's best friend and I think this will translate well to a bunch thats been living in the country club with uncle Quinn..

And for the record- Lance over Rush... Too much talent and upside with Lance...
I am tickled pink that I don’t have to see the cap backwards narcissistic in the booth all game. He is going to crash and burn in Washington.

stiletto

Reaction score
Looked like an upgrade from Wright to me. Solid tackler. Gave up the deep pass but he's only been in the scheme a week

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Highway robbery. We got an actual NFL corner for a sack of dryer lint

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
One of the best moves the Cowboys have made this year. Wright was a Quinn pick and didn't even do much even in the scheme he was drafted for.

Booth already is a lock for CB 4 here and looks like he could be even more if he continues to develop.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nahshon was a good tackler too, his coverage was the issue, I'm just saying.

rambo2

Reaction score
See the linebackers. The Cowboys have a chance at being very good.