Our Coach Will be a "Yes Man"

irvin88

Reaction score
If Jerry is picking out our OC before even hiring a head coach, I assume that whoever we hire is of the Campo mindset. Will Jerry pick the whole staff for the "yes man?":bang2:

StevenOtero

Reaction score
irvin88;1335068 said:
If Jerry is picking out our OC before even hiring a head coach, I assume that whoever we hire is of the Campo mindset. Will Jerry pick the whole staff for the "yes man?":bang2:
Well there is a possibility that Garrett could be the head coach. Per DC.com...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
It does bring up an interesting question.

Previously, its been believed (and confirmed by the parties involved) that the organization has run on a three way three way democracy between Ireland, Parcells and Jones. Jones had incentive to play by these rules, because he would have a PR nightmare if Parcells called it quits due to Jerry's meddling. If a lesser regarded HC comes in to fill Parcells shoes, how does that power dynamic work? Is the three man democracy thrown out the window now? Even if its not thrown out the window, will Ireland still stand up to the man who signs his checks if he disagrees with him. Will the head coach stand up to Jerry knowing that getting on his badside could lead to Jason Garrett taking his job? Do both of them just play along knowing that Jerry's going to do what he wants anyway.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
irvin88;1335068 said:

Hopefully that is not the case. I'm willing to give Jerry the benifet of the doubt that he learned from past mistakes.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Or maybe we are targeting a defensive minded coach...Phillips, Ryan, Rivera...and with us forced to wait on Rivera, seems locking up a young, offensive coach on the move up, that is on a lot of teams radar, is the prudent thing to do.

AtlCB

Reaction score
irvin88;1335068 said:

I'm taking a different angle. Our next coach has had input on who he wants and the coach is either Sporano, Rivera, or Smith.