Our Defense looks tired.

Zman5

Reaction score
Our defense looks like they are running on empty. They've looked very flat past few weeks.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nah.

The lack of a pass rush has dogged us for sometime now.

You may have to go back into the late 90s to find it.

- Mike G.

Zman5

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1259050 said:
Nah.

The lack of a pass rush has dogged us for sometime now.

You may have to go back into the late 90s to find it.

- Mike G.

That may be so but Garcia looked like a olympic sprinter out there compare to our def. players.

He was quicker and faster than any of our defensive players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Remember how our very own HUGE Jimmy Johnson o-line used to run over the 3-4 back in the early 90s?

Today reminded me of that. The Iggs' O-line is very big and very good, and I just wonder how those guys -- especially Ferguson -- can hold up on all those long drives against an O line like that.

And the ILBs, too... Back in Parcells' Giants days, his ILBs were 250, 255 taking on 285 lb guards. Now those same 250-lb LBs have to take on 320 lb guards. How do they take that repeated beating, especially late in the year?

Obviously, not very well.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Feel free to say the defense looked tired or any other excuse that may be out there.

It's easier that way, helps you sleep better at night.

Zman5

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1259127 said:
Feel free to say the defense looked tired or any other excuse that may be out there.

It's easier that way, helps you sleep better at night.

It'ts just my observation. If you have one, just state it. You don't have to be an Azzz-hole about it. :rolleyes:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Zman5;1259138 said:
It'ts just my observation. If you have one, just state it. You don't have to be an Azzz-hole about it. :rolleyes:

My apologies, wasnt trying to be an Azzz.

The lack of a pass rush has plagued us for an extremely long time, tonight was no different.

It was interesting what Madden had to say, and he made the statement kind of early, as if he was predicting what would happen.

He said he couldnt remember who told him, but it was a long time ago that someone told him that one of the best things you can do to a defense to demoralize them and get in there head is to get a whole bunch of 1st Downs on them as they start thinking things are alot worse than they really are.

I think he was spot on. 1st Down after 1st Down probably messed with their Psychy.

Anybody else remember that comment by Madden?

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard that comment loud and clear. I believe it was after a 3 and 10 when they got a big play and kept gettin 1st downs. Very demoralizing.