Our lines got tired

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
in the 1st couple of drives the o-line was winning the battle. for the most part of the 1st half our d-line was winning the battle. but after that they started winning in the trenches on both sides of the ball. our conditioning needs work

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i dont blame the d-line they were on the field for pretty much 3 quarters of the game it seemed like

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I wondered if the heat affected us.

I wondered if Bledsoe got shook up when he was running, dove and got hit.

I wondered how any NFL official worth his salt did not call the offensive PI on their 1st TD, right before halftime.

I wondered why we ran straight into the strength of their D so much.

Was the penalty on Roy, when he hit Leftwich straight on, legit ??

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
I think we might be overlooking the heat factor. It was the worst kind of hot out there, that humid, muggy kind of heat. There is no way to describe it other than miserable and I'm sure the rain made it worse. Another bad thing is when it is humid like that, there is no way to prepare your body for it. When you're in it you just have to deal with it and get dehydrated. I'm sure Flozell (due to being inactive) thought he was going to die...

aikemirv

Reaction score
The offense was the Defenses worst enemy - there is no doubt about that.

WV Cowboy said:

I wondered if Bledsoe got shook up when he was running, dove and got hit.

I wondered how any NFL official worth his salt did not call the offensive PI on their 1st TD, right before halftime.

I wondered why we ran straight into the strength of their D so much.

Was the penalty on Roy, when he hit Leftwich straight on, legit ??

Henry did not get the call on the PI, IMO , because he initiated the hand contact. Although that play by the WR was much worse than what Witten did.

I thought Roy's hit was close, it's not like he went high and there was no way he could pull up.

Wood

Reaction score
As was pointed out last night on ESPN - the first quarter is just a slug-session then by the second quarter each teams knows what strategy the other team is using and you make necessary adjustments. Jacksonville adjusted and Dallas didnt - plain and simple !

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
kidcrook said:
I think we might be overlooking the heat factor. It was the worst kind of hot out there, that humid, muggy kind of heat. There is no way to describe it other than miserable and I'm sure the rain made it worse. Another bad thing is when it is humid like that, there is no way to prepare your body for it. When you're in it you just have to deal with it and get dehydrated. I'm sure Flozell (due to being inactive) thought he was going to die...

My problem with FLO even when he was healthy and in shape h often
looked the same way --very seldom does he play up to his potential
Is he our best --probably--could he be dominating probably---is he-not even close--Yes we felt it last year when he was hurt--beacuse we had young
average players on each side---I would give him one more game and then play a young player who cares-- :bang2:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Just curious any reports of players having to be hooked up to IV's. I was at the game, and I know there is a big difference playing at a high level on the field than sitting in the stands. But that said, it actually felt cool albeit a little muggy.

Ken

Reaction score
Biggest problem our defense had was having to defend a short field, twice because of Bledsoe turnovers.

TD drives of 38 and 40 do not help.

SmellsLikeTuna

Reaction score
Ken said:
Biggest problem our defense had was having to defend a short field, twice because of Bledsoe turnovers.

why aren't you at work slacker???? :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Ken said:

I was hoping we had a defense this year (after the preseason) that would hold them to a FG.

We still have issues on D.

lspain1

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

There was no heat! It was mid-80's yesterday (humid and wet) and outside of the rain not a bad day for football.