Our O-line

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
Our offensive line is not getting the job done folks. I think Romo’s mobility has masked the deficiencies of this unit. We are now being exposed on a weekly basis. We can all call for Brad Johnsons head and rightfully so, but, forget about the QB position for a moment. This team needs immediate attention placed on the o-line. You can expect a heavy dose of pressure from here on out. Both back-up QBs were harassed all day long against the Giants. As much as I would love to put this all on Brad (he is finished, by the way) I can’t. This trend started before Romo was hurt… Remember Arizona? How many times was Romo drilled into the turf in Glendale?

It all starts with the battle in the trenches and we are losing that battle. All of our high priced talent at the skill positions is rendered useless because of it.
And please, don’t get me started when it comes to run blocking! How many times against the Giants did Barber even have a chance at positive yards? Not many!

So when Tony Romo comes back, is help really on the way?

Thoughts?

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Thought #1-your font is too big
Thought #2-youre right our oline is def letting us down...Proctor is not doing a great job replacing Kosier, Flo has a serious injury that I guess the organization is ignoring for some reason, Gurode is a mess, with his snaps, I still like Columbo hes got a lot of heart although he has made some errors and gotten beat some as well, and LD has a penalty here in there but to me has been the steadiest.'
We do need to reassess and try to play like a disciplined unit.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Gmonkey21;2395996 said:
Our offensive line is not getting the job done folks. I think Romo’s mobility has masked the deficiencies of this unit. We are now being exposed on a weekly basis. We can all call for Brad Johnsons head and rightfully so, but, forget about the QB position for a moment. This team needs immediate attention placed on the o-line. You can expect a heavy dose of pressure from here on out. Both back-up QBs were harassed all day long against the Giants. As much as I would love to put this all on Brad (he is finished, by the way) I can’t. This trend started before Romo was hurt… Remember Arizona? How many times was Romo drilled into the turf in Glendale?

It all starts with the battle in the trenches and we are losing that battle. All of our high priced talent at the skill positions is rendered useless because of it.
And please, don’t get me started when it comes to run blocking! How many times against the Giants did Barber even have a chance at positive yards? Not many!

So when Tony Romo comes back, is help really on the way?

Thoughts?
get no argument out of me. In fact, I was going to start this thread, but no need to now that you have brought it up. Hudson Houck has some explaining to do. And the scouting department has some explaining to do. If Doug Free is not better than a man with one arm, why is he even on the team. If Corey Procter is our best backup interior OL, we were never legitimate Super Bowl contenders to begin with. Your backups at LEAST have to be NFL players...and quite a few of the backups on this team are barely NFL players

Kangaroo

Reaction score
We talked about that last year and I was one of the people that was dead set against bringing Flo back for the money they spent I was hoping for a 1 or 2 year deal so if he imploded we could just cut ties

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
bbailey423;2396024 said:
get no argument out of me. In fact, I was going to start this thread, but no need to now that you have brought it up. Hudson Houck has some explaining to do. And the scouting department has some explaining to do. If Doug Free is not better than a man with one arm, why is he even on the team. If Corey Procter is our best backup interior OL, we were never legitimate Super Bowl contenders to begin with. Your backups at LEAST have to be NFL players...and quite a few of the backups on this team are barely NFL players

Yep. Holland must be dismal to not be able to beat out Procter.

Seriously, what is up with Houck?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2396060 said:

Fire the GM who made that hideous trade.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2396060 said:

Is it Houck thats screwing this thing up?

Not a chance.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Remember how Bledsoe looked like a statue behind that OL? Romo came in and made the OL look good, because he scrambled around until he made a play, saving the OL from being exposed for its poor protections. Now with Romo out and more statues taking his place the OL is exposed again.

juck

Reaction score
Kosier is the brains of the line.Without him helping Gurode,Flo has to help Procter with a bad wing,things are gonna get better.

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
Boy do I hope you're right about that! I know Kosier is much better than Proctor will ever be.

dacoming

Reaction score
Flozell always quits after he gets his contract. The year before his last contract, he played his butt off, got the money and went back to playing like a bum. He has a few so so seasons plays well in another contract year (last year) and resumes being a bum. That's why I was on the fence about signing him. We need to trade a 1st and 3rd for a proven young LT. I know, like teams give those guys up. We need a better scouting dept.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I agree that the O-line is a big problem.

It all starts with the O-line on any team, and this O-line is simply not getting it done.

They cannot pass protect nor run block. It would be nice if we could at least do one of those well.

Having said that, and feeling that the O-line is the main problem, Jason Garrett has not impressed me at all as the OC.

I thought he would be innovative, and creative. Instead, his offense is very predictable and boring. He has the tools (players) to work with that's for sure.

His demeanor does not impress me as HC material either.

links18

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2396720 said:
I agree that the O-line is a big problem.

It all starts with the O-line on any team, and this O-line is simply not getting it done.

They cannot pass protect nor run block. It would be nice if we could at least do one of those well.

Having said that, and feeling that the O-line is the main problem, Jason Garrett has not impressed me at all as the OC.

I thought he would be innovative, and creative. Instead, his offense is very predictable and boring. He has the tools (players) to work with that's for sure.

His demeanor does not impress me as HC material either.

In fairness to Garrett, he called some slants in this game. Too bad noodle arm Johnson threw one for a pick and then thre another behind TO causing him to expose the ball and fumble.......

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dacoming;2396678 said:
Flozell always quits after he gets his contract. The year before his last contract, he played his butt off, got the money and went back to playing like a bum. He has a few so so seasons plays well in another contract year (last year) and resumes being a bum. That's why I was on the fence about signing him. .

:bow:

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the OLine of the Cowboys have looked before yesterday but the Giants' defense has made a lot of their opponents' OLines look inept. The only offense that slowed the Giants' pass rush is Cleveland. But the whole team was off their game that night and the Browns played very well.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Kosier back will help out alot!. Flo needs to get replaced by somebody, He's the biggest joke on the line followed by Gurode. I seriously think Gurode is kind of stupid. Nobody should have that many mental mistakes. Colombo is doing fine, he gets beat here and there but he's playing real hard. Leonard Davis is playing average. we need to get these guys playing together again.