Our offseason target has declared.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Rice headed to the NFL

Posted: 4 hours ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Sophomore Sidney Rice, South Carolina's career leader in touchdown receptions, is giving up his final two seasons to enter the NFL draft.

Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier confirmed through a spokesman Sunday that Rice would go pro.
Spurrier was "disappointed and wished (Rice) would've stayed around another year," spokesman Steve Fink said.

In two seasons, Rice caught 23 TDs to set the school's career mark. With 1,090 yards receiving this year, Rice became the first South Carolina wideout to break the 1,000-yard mark twice in his career. The only other 1,000-yard season in Gamecock history was by former Green Bay Packers star Sterling Sharpe.

Rice had 11 100-yard games, also a school career record.

He caught 72 passes this year and leaves sixth all-time on the school list with 142 receptions.

Underclassmen had until Jan. 15 to declare for the draft. Rice has until Jan. 20 to withdraw his name from consideration and return to school.

Connection20

Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO.

Why dont we just go draft a Texas Tech QB? WRs who play thier college ball under Steve Spurrier NEVER pan out in the NFL with the possible exception of Ike Hilliard who was decent. The list of "stud" WRs who played for him and were drafted high and then went on to be monumental busts is pretty damn long. Any WR but him, please!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas drafting a skill player on offense in the first? Never.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Never draft a WR coming out that early....nor a QB....bad move.

We're looking at a 1 year window before bringing in a new coach who may change things up and require some time for players to adapt...we have to bring in seniors or guys with more experience.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Connection20;1299056 said:
NO NO NO NO NO.

Why dont we just go draft a Texas Tech QB? WRs who play thier college ball under Steve Spurrier NEVER pan out in the NFL with the possible exception of Ike Hilliard who was decent. The list of "stud" WRs who played for him and were drafted high and then went on to be monumental busts is pretty damn long. Any WR but him, please!

Penn State running backs are horrible. Never draft one.

When you make generalizations you can miss out on some of the best and look like a ******. I.E. Larry Johnson

Natedawg44

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1299084 said:
Never draft a WR coming out that early....nor a QB....bad move.

We're looking at a 1 year window before bringing in a new coach who may change things up and require some time for players to adapt...we have to bring in seniors or guys with more experience.

Yeah I know Larry Fitzgerald came out way too early and has sucked ever since.

fweegy

Reaction score
Natedawg44;1299122 said:
Penn State running backs are horrible. Never draft one.

When you make generalizations you can miss out on some of the best and look like a ******. I.E. Larry Johnson

Yeah, that Larry Johnson sure sucks

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I've watched Rice fight through double teams since his first year and still managed to dominate all SEC secondaries. Hes # 4 on my receivers list behind Jarrett, Johnson, and Ginn.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
he should have stayed one more yr, but this kid is a great player with alot of talent...by accounts I heard a hard worker and a good kid too

he'll be a sure fire 1st rd pick

David