Our team is poorly coached. Period.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
The coaching staff, and I mean everybody, are just as responsible for this season's late collapse as the players. Maybe more so.

I don't want to create some hate thread but Parcells and Zimmer need to go. I don't know why people here defend 'ole Zimmy, but there isn't a more incompetent defensive coordinator that I know of. He lacks creativity and his defensive players never show any fire whatsoever.

They overpurse on almost every running play. The can't get to the quarterback. And God forbid we play a mobile quarterback that is over 35 because they will run around our fat, slow defensive lineman all day.

And to top it all off Zimmer likes the Cover 2 even though he lacks the talent (Both FS and SS needs to be addressed if the Cover 2 is the scheme the Cowboys are going to stick with) to successfully run the scheme. Of course the blame falls on Parcells as well.

The offense is poorly ran as well. Now granted I've not been able to see every game this year...but why are so damn pass happy with Romo back there? Isn't this his 1st year starting? So we have a veteran quarterback in Drew Bledsoe who thrives when throwing down the field and we run a conservative offense, yet when Romo goes in we start throwing the ball all over the place? Heh.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Romo back there. But the play calling just seems a little odd to me.

Bottom line is that this is team won't be doing anything in the playoffs if they go in playing like this and being coached like they are at the moment. Hopefully people will realize that Zimmer isn't the answer at defensive coordinator and has never done anything to prove otherwise. His defenses are inconsistent and underperform on a weekly basis.

And to be honest I wouldn't be sorry to see Parcells gone, either. It is a shame the wrong coach left last offseason.

I just want to know how we can stop Peyton Manning and the let Jeff Garcia throw, run and just outright play our whole team combined.:banghead:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
parcells, zimmer, and quite a few players need to go as well.

tnbk

Reaction score
hire me as OC....I can call playes just as good. JJ off center for two, JJ off center for 1. Screen for two. Punt.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Ditto.
I've been saying that for a long time to my fellow Cowboys fans.
This team has the WORST blitz package I have ever seen.
No one gets thru...ever!
This is a scheme problem,not a talent problem(although,Merriman had 3 sacks yesterday...if you need him,3!!!)

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
BP has done all he can with this team. We aren't finishing 5-11 any more. But I don't see us ever being truly successful and winning anything substantial with him here. Once again we come up short in a huge late season game. We fell apart down the stretch last year and missed the playoffs, and now we've blown a 2 game lead in the division in the final weeks and will probably be a road one-and-done wildcard team.
I'm sure some will be satisfied with that, but after four years, two road wildcard teams that are more pretenders than contenders isn't good enough.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Parcells' own criterion on a good coaching job is "Did the team play to its potential?"

This is the third year out of four that the answer is "No".

ghst187

Reaction score
its true, we look outcoached nearly every game. the other team ALWAYS has us scouted and has several wrinkles just for us to gash our defense and we never seem to figure them out.
Other defenses always seem to know half of our plays by the formation, heck most of us do at home.
Plus, the worst part it, we NEVER look like we're prepared to play a football game. We always look like we're just going through the motions.
Its quite embarassing

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I agree. The playcalling on both sides of the ball is dreadful.
Like the 4 plays we had on the one yardline. They can't score a TD. Just can't do it. They run to the right 4 times in a row, and the last time, they toss it back a whole lot and try to punch it in. Run a play-action like Madden was saying. We have a WR who's 6'3, a TE who's 6'5, and another TE in Fasano who is 6'5. Huge height advantage. Nope, we run it. 4 straight times. To the same side. Same results each time-negative yardage. Pathetic to say the least.

On defense, I LOVED the one play where they left Watkins on Stallworth. Perfect match-up. Bradie is playing like crap lately. Complete crap. Doesn't deserve that extension he got. Roy didnt play awesome but he didnt play bad either. Just average, but he needs to step up. I think the only player that is actually worth anything on that defense is Ware. He is a shining star even when everyone else is a falling one. It sucks he has to do it all on his own. It also sucks that Zimmer is god-awful at blitzing. It's so easy to pick-up and beat everytime. I really, really hate Zimmer. I cannot stand him. I want him out of Dallas right now.

School next Tuesday will not be fun.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
What's pathetic is once again we fall apart in December, when championship teams peak.
And once again a 5-6 NFC East team is on the verge of winning out and bettering us in the division. Last year Washington did it and knocked us out of the playoffs, and this year we don't show up and crunch while the Eagles win 5 straight to win the division.

BP has gotten this team to above .500, but I don't think he'll ever turn us into a real contender. And I'm positive this team won't contend as long as Zimmer is in charge of the defense.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Maybe if BP wasnt a statue he could get some emotions out of his players.

You must lead by example.

Yes tho... they all must go.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
its true, we look outcoached nearly every game. the other team ALWAYS has us scouted and has several wrinkles just for us to gash our defense and we never seem to figure them out.
Other defenses always seem to know half of our plays by the formation, heck most of us do at home.
Plus, the worst part it, we NEVER look like we're prepared to play a football game. We always look like we're just going through the motions.
Its quite embarassing

You got that right, its bull**** to play like that, to see the eagles coaches and players outcoach us, just like the saints outcoached us and played against us with fire from their players.

THAT IS BULL****, SOME OF THE PLAYERS AND COACHES NEED THEIR BUTTS CHEWED OUT, AND THEIR BUTTS WORKED OFF. NO MORE OF THAT BULL**** TIME OFF, IM GOING TO WORK YOUR BUTT OFF, YOU DONT APPRECIATE IT WHEN I GIVE YOU TIME OFF, SO IM GOING TO WORK YOUR BUTT OFF, AND MAKE YOU HATE IT FOR PLAYING THE WAY YOU DID, THAT IS INSULTING TO ME, THE FANS, AND FORMER DALLAS COWBOY PLAYERS!!!!!!!, THAT IS WHAT THE HEAD COACH PARCELLS SHOULD SAY TO THE PLAYERS AND HIMSELF.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Parcells' record is one game over .500 since he's been here I do believe.

After 3 years and 15 games I expected better than that.

And the annual December "collapse" is beyond maddening quite frankly.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
When Parcells gets scared, like he did against the Colts, he actually takes the handcuffs off of this team and gives them a chance....But when he does it his way we die a slow death - again and again....he has supposedly said he would rather die slowly than give up the big play...well Parcells, you are getting your wish. Maybe if he ever had an emotion, this team might show some too. This is a disgusting no-heart effort for a Dallas Cowboy team playing at home, for the division title, against a hated rival, in front of a huge national audience.

Well Parcells, all I can say after this pitiful, embarassing "performance" is: **, and your conservative approach, and the horse you rode in on.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1259330 said:
Bill Parcells' record is one game over .500 since he's been here I do believe.

After 3 years and 15 games I expected better than that.

And the annual December "collapse" is beyond maddening quite frankly.

I'm tired of seeing the season slip through our grasp every year. I want the division, but to be quite honest I don't think we derserve with a 2-4 division record.