Outcoached... plain and simple

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1)Right before the half, up 10-3 on the road, sitting at 2nd down and 20 yds (thanks for the holding call Flo) for a first, what do you do? Protect the ball!!! Morons! Its 2nd and 20 with 1:43 seconds to go and Jax has one TO left. You run the ball on second down and make them use their last TO, run on 3rd down and punt. You go in with a 10-3 lead and get the ball to open the 2nd half.

2)It's 3rd and goal for JAX. I'm yelling at the tv to watch the quarterback draw. It was so obvious!!! Right up the gut for a TD.

3)3rd and 10 and bledsoe gets blitzed up the middle and takes a 15 yd sack and intentionally grounds the ball. It was as if Bledsoe didn't expect a blitz and had no check off. Ever hear of a screen pass? Learn how to run one.

4)And the halftime adjustments? Again like last year, how many times do we have to watch the team fold in the second half?

Who holds BP, Zimmer, Palmer, Haley etc responsible for this fiasco?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Last time I checked, Bledsoe doesn't play defense. The defensive playcalling was atrocious. 3TDs and a FG. And the coaching staff didn't put the players in a position to win in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter. Zimmer can't coach. Whoever was calling the plays both offensively and defensively failed miserably today.

The players, save Owens, weren't very good either. Fasano and Witten cost the team big today.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do losses bring out the worst posters on the board making the most extreme and ridiculous statements?

Outcoached? No. The breaks didn't go our way. Jax comes to Dallas and it is likely a Cowboy win.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How do you explain not running the clock out before the half? It's 2nd and 20 with a 1:43 seconds left with a shaky FG kicker whose range is 35 yds.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
ninja said:
1)Right before the half, up 10-3 on the road, sitting at 2nd down and 20 yds (thanks for the holding call Flo) for a first, what do you do? Protect the ball!!! Morons! Its 2nd and 20 with 1:43 seconds to go and Jax has one TO left. You run the ball on second down and make them use their last TO, run on 3rd down and punt. You go in with a 10-3 lead and get the ball to open the 2nd half.

2)It's 3rd and goal for JAX. I'm yelling at the tv to watch the quarterback draw. It was so obvious!!! Right up the gut for a TD.

3)3rd and 10 and bledsoe gets blitzed up the middle and takes a 15 yd sack and intentionally grounds the ball. It was as if Bledsoe didn't expect a blitz and had no check off. Ever hear of a screen pass? Learn how to run one.

4)And the halftime adjustments? Again like last year, how many times do we have to watch the team fold in the second half?

Who holds BP, Zimmer, Palmer, Haley etc responsible for this fiasco?

I agree with everything you said. I had a feeling an INT was coming at the end of the half, it was obvious Drew had lost it. He was horrible and i had no faith in him. I too was yelling, its a QB run! Funny how us dumb fans know its coming and not multi-millionaire athletes or coaches. This offense has so much fire-power and doesnt have a QB to really make it run. That last touchdown shows what TO and Glenn could do...funny how those plays were finally called. To me Bledsoe was horrible and Parcells was even worse. Very dissappointing.

wileedog

Reaction score
ninja said:
How do you explain not running the clock out before the half? It's 2nd and 20 with a 1:43 seconds left with a shaky FG kicker whose range is 35 yds.

Can I out you in touch with all the people screaming that we were too conservative and playing not to lose?

Cause you guys might have an interesting coversation.

Trip

Reaction score
I for one hope this team never tries to run out the clock with 1:43 left in the half. With Owens, Glenn, Witten, JJ?

If we would have run out the clock we would have been too conservative and there would have been criticism for that.

What it was, was a bad pass. And another one. And another one. Then a couple more.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ninja said:
Last time I checked, Bledsoe doesn't play defense. The defensive playcalling was atrocious. 3TDs and a FG. And the coaching staff didn't put the players in a position to win in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter. Zimmer can't coach. Whoever was calling the plays both offensively and defensively failed miserably today.

The players, save Owens, weren't very good either. Fasano and Witten cost the team big today.

Didnt the Jags get 14 points off of Bledsoe's turnovers... cant blame D

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Sorry...but I didnt see The Tuna lacing it up and throwing 3 interceptions. I didnt see the Tuna playing cornerback either when Matt Jones was catching lasers left and right from Leftwhich.

It's one game fellas...and it was against a team that was 12-4 last year and may win their division in the AFC.

- Mike G.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trip said:
I for one hope this team never tries to run out the clock with 1:43 left in the half. With Owens, Glenn, Witten, JJ?

If we would have run out the clock we would have been too conservative and there would have been criticism for that.

What it was, was a bad pass. And another one. And another one. Then a couple more.
:hammer:

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
I agree with everything you said. I had a feeling an INT was coming at the end of the half, it was obvious Drew had lost it. He was horrible and i had no faith in him. I too was yelling, its a QB run! Funny how us dumb fans know its coming and not multi-millionaire athletes or coaches. This offense has so much fire-power and doesnt have a QB to really make it run. That last touchdown shows what TO and Glenn could do...funny how those plays were finally called. To me Bledsoe was horrible and Parcells was even worse. Very dissappointing.

:rolleyes:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ninja said:
I'd rather be conservative (i.e. smart) and win than liberal (idiotic) and lose. That's why I'm a republican. You have to know the game you are in, the momentum shifts, on the road, sometimes it is better to play it safe, etc.

Please keep the political jargon in the off-topic section.

Thanks

- Mike G.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Didnt the Jags get 14 points off of Bledsoe's turnovers... cant blame D

Yup and without the short field, there was only one drive that Jacks was able to march down the field once with Matt Jones abusing our corners.

Jacksonville's TOP was about 39 mins which means our D was on the field 65% of the time. Yet we held them to only 300 total yards and were able to outgain them. They punted 6 times. Basically without the help of a turnover they had success on one drive and failed on 6 others. 7 if you count the missed FG.

The D did the best they could with very little and it should be noted that when a play was needed at the end to get the ball back for us to have a shot they came up big with 3 stratight stuffs.