Outside the box thinking at OG

Eskimo

Reaction score
We all know Proctor is beyond terrible at OG and none of the other OL on the bench are thought to be better options then him.

How about moving Columbo (preferrably) or Flo (alternatively) at having one of the backup OTs come in? I know this is very unconventional but if the backup OTs are better than the backup OGs, maybe we are overall better doing this.

I don't think we are going to win anything with Proctor in there - maybe we can squeak into the playoffs only to be bounced, but I could easily see us losing the last 3 games to finish 8-8 with him in there.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to Joe Berger. We've kept him on the roster all this time in favor of some players who could have helped us, and Nate Newton was raving about him in training camp. He's got that bigger, stronger build that Houck prefers. Why not try him?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lets all cross our fingers that what mickey said is true, holland saying he thinks he will be better in a few days.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Eskimo;2473158 said:
We all know Proctor is beyond terrible at OG and none of the other OL on the bench are thought to be better options then him.

How about moving Columbo (preferrably) or Flo (alternatively) at having one of the backup OTs come in? I know this is very unconventional but if the backup OTs are better than the backup OGs, maybe we are overall better doing this.

I don't think we are going to win anything with Proctor in there - maybe we can squeak into the playoffs only to be bounced, but I could easily see us losing the last 3 games to finish 8-8 with him in there.

That's what I've been trying to say to these knee-jerkers all morning.

Holland stays in, we wouldn't be having these unecessary, "Ged rid of TO!", "Fire Wade!", "Fire Garrett!", "Bench Romo and find a new QB next year!", "Mother nature was our enemy yesterday!", etc, etc stupid threads for the last 24 hours.

Smith22

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473447 said:
That's what I've been trying to say to these knee-jerkers all morning.

Holland stays in, we wouldn't be having these unecessary, "Ged rid of TO!", "Fire Wade!", "Fire Garrett!", "Bench Romo and find a new QB next year!", "Mother nature was our enemy yesterday!", etc, etc stupid threads for the last 24 hours.

Romo wasn't play well yesterday when Holland was in. I like Romo as much as the next fan, but yesterday was not his day. He gave the Steelers an early Chirstmas gift.

Oh, and our punt coverage team still sucks.......

Special teams needs to be one of our top priorities in the offseason.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Smith22;2473459 said:
Romo wasn't play well yesterday when Holland was in. I like Romo as much as the next fan, but yesterday was not his day. He gave the Steelers an early Chirstmas gift.

Oh, and our punt coverage team still sucks.......

Special teams needs to be one of our top priorities in the offseason.

Romo was sacked only once with Holland in there. Also-our run game was very effective prior to him going out.

On those final series in the 4th with him out, we couldn't even gain a few yards, even if it meant to save our own lives. Otherwise, I think we would have ate up the clock.

So yeah-Romo may have had an off game, but the offensive unit as a whole played respectably prior to Holland going out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's too bad that the backup tackles are more worthless than the backup guards.

Just have to keep our fingers crossed that Holland can play on Sunday Night.