Overreaction Monday in the Media - Cowboys vs Eagles Round 2

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Some stuff already starting to come in on YouTube,

Will continue tomorrow as the other shows come in.

Stat of the night: Only the 2012-2013 Broncos (Peyton Manning years) and 1999-2000 Rams (greatest show on turf) have longer NFL record streak of consecutive home games with 30+ points.

Colin Cowherd already excusing Eagles loss. Says they are a tired and old team this weekend. Still better team than Dallas. I guess our 3 games in 12 days was refreshing?

Sportscenter. Tim Hasselbeck starts at 5:00. ESPN gives Cowboys kudos for Eagles win. Dominant defense. Really only allowed 6 points. Still want to see them play away or against another team with speed. AJ Brown has stopped dominating football games.

NFL Gameday. Shaun O'Hara. Cowboys set tempo from opening play, looked like they wanted to make a statement and they did.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you have not figure it out yet, everything is an over reaction with the Cowboys. Good, bad or indifferent, which is surprising how you make indifferent an overreaction.

Same reason why every free agent or cut playing is always linked to the Cowboys.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If you have not figure it out yet, everything is an over reaction with the Cowboys. Good, bad or indifferent, which is surprising how you make indifferent an overreaction.

Same reason why every free agent or cut playing is always linked to the Cowboys.
'Overreaction Monday' is a term many talk shows like to use when they talk about the weekend games. Borrowing it from them.

But yes... anything Cowboys is always amplified. Which is why you can find them all on Youtube. ;)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Some stuff already starting to come in on YouTube,

Will continue tomorrow as the other shows come in.

Stat of the night: Only the 2012-2013 Broncos (Peyton Manning years) and 1999-2000 Rams (greatest show on turf) have longer NFL record streak of consecutive home games with 30+ points.

Colin Cowherd already excusing Eagles loss. Says they are a tired and old team this weekend. Still better team than Dallas. I guess our 3 games in 12 days was refreshing?

Sportscenter. Tim Hasselbeck starts at 5:00. ESPN gives Cowboys kudos for Eagles win. Dominant defense. Really only allowed 6 points. Still want to see them play away or against another team with speed. AJ Brown has stopped dominating football games.

NFL Gameday. Shaun O'Hara. Cowboys set tempo from opening play, looked like they wanted to make a statement and they did.

Thx V…

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nightcap with Shannon Sharpe and Chad Johnson. Ochocinco of course gives our receivers credit. ;) Shannon jumping on the "eagles are horrible" bandwagon.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score

North Dallas 40.

I'm fine with it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
ESPN'S Get Up. 3-horse race is now a 2-horse race: SF and DAL. Ryan Clark says the problem is Eagles were physically dominated in December. SF and DAL are not afraid of Philly. Rex Ryan said when is last time you could say "tougher team won" when Cowboys won a in a PHI/DAL game. A good football teams wins by KO, not decision. Eagles 1-score games have caught up and Cowboys are continuing their blowouts.

NFL NETWORK's Good Morning Football. Best stretch of Dak's career. The myth that Cowboys cannot beat good teams is gone. They dominated Philly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly is still better? Lol……they are horrible on D. They will not win the SB. No way Jose
that's not the worst take it's the other way around I've heard them first thing out of their mouths this morning on get up the guy literally had the nerve to say that the Phillies are a bad team and they're not playing well so they already saying this wins not that impressive because the Eagles just were an illusion that that this record was a House of Cards and that we just beat a wounded bad team... That's the insinuation right now every time we beat a team we can't win they literally are keeping receipts like Seattle was a winning team when they we beat them they gave San Francisco a run for their money but we don't get any credit for that win all the teams we beat early in the season that still had a winning record that no longer have one those are not counted either so we cannot win now we beat a wounded team because they didn't get the 10 days of rest and that's the only reason we won they played bad we didn't play great this is the scenarios and new narratives coming out this morning...

Oh in the typical one we hear every week it's not gonna matter everyone's gonna forget about this when it comes to the playoffs because if we don't win a divisional game then this doesn't count then it's the same old Cowboys so they're going right to the playoff scenarios that we can't win in the playoffs so no matter what we do in the regular season and no matter how we win like this game prime time for the division against a team that had the best record in the NFL it don't matter because we never win in the playoffs it's already started...

Mannix

Reaction score
What makes me VIOLENTLY ill is that we are going to lose the division to a team that has only scored +21 more points than they have given up PF 342 PA 321 to our PF 421 PA 233 +188....for Philly to be 10-3 is just flat out MIND BOGGLING, and what really sticks out now is the way the refs TOTALLY handed them the Buffalo game on a silver platter. I'm really gonna need to hide the sharp objects when Philly loses to Seattle, and we turn around and crap the bed in Buffalo...because I see it coming.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Carton Show. Ex-Players giving Carton grief for being a Cowboys hater. Dak should be MVP.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dave Helman. First time since Wild Card in 2019 Eagles were held out of end zone.

Edit: Still live, won't link.

Reactions: G2

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Bottom line is Dallas needs to keep it up. I really want them to play home playoff games. No more going to SF in January. I would also prefer playing Philly in Dallas if there is a third meeting.