CFZ Overshown's Got Subtle Skills; 700-800 Yards for Deuce?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Man, I was watching them on a film study and the guy was pretty much right on. These two are additions we didn't have last year. I can't blame Clark for coming into the season cold when everyone else was hot off of surgery.

I re-watched the game, three times now, and I'll probably watch again. Juanyeh Thomas showed up. If you look at him, his build in college is that of someone you would see in the NFL. He was one of my top UDFAs last year. But I think we all thought it was a strong class. We own UDFA-gency. That's almost fact.

Another guy who I was overly impressed with over what I was able to see last year, was Jalen Tolbert. Indeed, he has the ability to get up there with guys like Amari Cooper if he's willing to study and get better and put in the work. So far, it appears that's what he did this offseason, and it is impressive. I'm back on his bandwagon. Yes, even in preseason. He needs some reps to get his groove on.

Also, Deuce Vaughn . . . people say he won't get carries. Oh, but he will. He'll get plenty. We won't be able to take him off the field, especially against teams like San Fran. To beat teams outside of our division, we need players like Deuce, and dare I say Turpin, to open things up. It's nice to have the Jalen Brooks of the world. But how much would he see the field? And watch out in the passing game. Like he said, he belongs here. By the time it's over, he won't have many doubters.

I see 700-800 yards for Deuce, could even be more. He's not a 2-3 time a game gadget player. He is our #2 back. . I honestly believe he can handle it too .People are quick to point out how short he is, but he's actually a stocky little feller. To some of us guys, he's like a little Mike Tyson. Deuce has the potential to be the best back in this class. Not likely, but he has that kind of potential, to be the best back of this class, at times. And lookout in the passing game. Short and medium.

Looking forward to seeing other guys like Bland, Smith, even Gholston, Bohanna, Bell and I'll just say et al.

If there was any year to watch the Cowboys, this would be it. I'm looking forward to it.

Havic

Reaction score
Pollard had a bunch of talent also and we barely used him till last season. 700-800 yards is a stretch imo. I feel like he is going to get 5-9 carries a game max.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Man, I was watching them on a film study and the guy was pretty much right on. These two are additions we didn't have last year. I can't blame Clark for coming into the season cold when everyone else was hot off of surgery.

I re-watched the game, three times now, and I'll probably watch again. Juanyeh Thomas showed up. If you look at him, his build in college is that of someone you would see in the NFL. He was one of my top UDFAs last year. But I think we all thought it was a strong class. We own UDFA-gency. That's almost fact.

Another guy who I was overly impressed with over what I was able to see last year, was Jalen Tolbert. Indeed, he has the ability to get up there with guys like Amari Cooper if he's willing to study and get better and put in the work. So far, it appears that's what he did this offseason, and it is impressive. I'm back on his bandwagon. Yes, even in preseason. He needs some reps to get his groove on.

Also, Deuce Vaughn . . . people say he won't get carries. Oh, but he will. He'll get plenty. We won't be able to take him off the field, especially against teams like San Fran. To beat teams outside of our division, we need players like Deuce, and dare I say Turpin, to open things up. It's nice to have the Jalen Brooks of the world. But how much would he see the field? And watch out in the passing game. Like he said, he belongs here. By the time it's over, he won't have many doubters.

I see 700-800 yards for Deuce, could even be more. He's not a 2-3 time a game gadget player. He is our #2 back. . I honestly believe he can handle it too .People are quick to point out how short he is, but he's actually a stocky little feller. To some of us guys, he's like a little Mike Tyson. Deuce has the potential to be the best back in this class. Not likely, but he has that kind of potential, to be the best back of this class, at times. And lookout in the passing game. Short and medium.

Looking forward to seeing other guys like Bland, Smith, even Gholston, Bohanna, Bell and I'll just say et al.

If there was any year to watch the Cowboys, this would be it. I'm looking forward to it.
wow after you watch the 2nd ps game Deuce will be up to 1500 yds and rushing champ!! lol
Settle down.
College HL dont matter
PS games dont matter, unless he plays a lot and had a 200 yd game.

best wait till regular season games and see if he plays much, and what he does in those games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I liked Overshown in college and expected nice things from him… but his instincts for the position and how fast he plays for a rookie, has surprised me. It is early still, but it looks like I might have underestimated DeMo. Most rookies don’t come into their very first preseason game (against the starting offense of the Jags) and fly around like he did. He made some mistakes but he will correct those, and he made them at 100 MPH… like you want to see.

If he keeps it up, it looks like Dallas might have found something there.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
wow after you watch the 2nd ps game Deuce will be up to 1500 yds and rushing champ!! lol
Settle down.
College HL dont matter
PS games dont matter, unless he plays a lot and had a 200 yd game.

best wait till regular season games and see if he plays much, and what he does in those games.
I can see how the dude ends up having a waaay better career than people think. Like way better. Just one game at a time. He's got some CMC, Sanders, Smith, and Sproles,all wrapped up in one. You won't be able to get him off the field, especially if you're behind.

He was a star in college. He just needs a role on this team. But I can see him being an all-time favorite. He's really good.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I liked Overshown in college and expected nice things from him… but his instincts for the position and how fast he plays for a rookie, has surprised me. It is early still, but it looks like I might have underestimated DeMo. Most rookies don’t come into their very first preseason game (against the starting offense of the Jags) and fly around like he did. He made some mistakes but he will correct those, and he made them at 100 MPH… like you want to see.

This is correct. He has a nose for where the play is going, and hits it when it's apparent to him.

That's what I meant about Overshown. He can make a big play. But he plays with NFL level discipline and plays his spot. He knows that role. Sometimes, he tries to take the game over. But those plays may come to him. He's got some serious game.

I think his missed tackles are overblown. He was picking up others' slack.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can see how the dude ends up having a waaay better career than people think. Like way better. Just one game at a time. He's got some CMC, Sanders, Smith, and Sproles,all wrapped up in one. You won't be able to get him off the field, especially if you're behind.

He was a star in college. He just needs a role on this team. But I can see him being an all-time favorite. He's really good.
he might be all that, I just think I will wait and see what he looks like in the reg season games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard had a bunch of talent also and we barely used him till last season. 700-800 yards is a stretch imo. I feel like he is going to get 5-9 carries a game max.
Thats the best part about zeke gone. Cream will rise now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
he might be all that, I just think I will wait and see what he looks like in the reg season games.
I studied deuce. Not that it means anything to you but my only convern was holding up. This kid is special. He makes plays.

In a rb committee he is a great weapon.

You will fall in love with him. As will the play caller. He will even be great in short yardage and GL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I know nothing about him but as a 4th rounder I too am impressed how quick and fast he's picking up things as a linebacker. His mental is matching his athleticism.