Owens casts pall on team thru 09, beyond

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Owens casts a pall on this team from here through 09. Honestly, well into the next decade.

Ask Philadelphia. Ask McNabb. How long does it take to recover? Do you ever really heal? Post T.O. healing is worse than a Staph infection. In Dallas this time it's worse. The racial suspicions and divisions may take years to heal.

It's clear to anyone who doesn't wear homer glasses that this team has already imploded.

The TO bomb went off this season. His toxic fumes weakened previous Cowboy teams. This year it was a Dune style "stone-melter." The he-saids and she-said and blame game and suspicion and schism are just ramping up.

What do you call this kind of crime that obliterates unity, confidence and focus? Teamacide?

Whatever you call it. It's fait accompli.

And it's not just one season! This cancer is signed to big money and stubborn Jerry who orchestrated this self-destruction is sure to perpetuate it.

Even if Owens were gone tomorrow the damage would live on.

Batman

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486011 said:
Owens casts a pall on this team from here through 09. Honestly, well into the next decade.

Ask Philadelphia. Ask McNabb. How long does it take to recover? Do you ever really heal? Post T.O. healing is worse than a Staph infection. In Dallas this time it's worse. The racial suspicions and divisions may take years to heal.

It's clear to anyone who doesn't wear homer glasses that this team has already imploded.

The TO bomb went off this season. His toxic fumes weakened previous Cowboy teams. This year it was a Dune style "stone-melter." The he-saids and she-said and blame game and suspicion and schism are just ramping up.

What do you call this kind of crime that obliterates unity, confidence and focus? Teamacide?

And it's not just one season! This cancer is signed to big money and stubborn Jerry who orchestrated this self-destruction is sure to perpetuate it.

I have a great idea, how about you post another T.O. thread?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486011 said:

Didn't Tiki Barber divide the Giants locker room, creating deep wounds, a good one before he left? Didn't he also slam Coughlin a good one in his book which got released prior to the '07 season, which gave the Giants further distractions?

Look what happened subsequently.

BTW-IF Jerry makes a run for Cowher next year, you can bet TO will get his walking papers, why? B/c Cowher will say, "Nuh-Uh! NO WAY!"...and with the new stadium opening next year, Cowher would be GANGBUSTERS for Jerry, even more so than TO.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486011 said:

Your posts are increasing in hysteria and nonsense with each subsequent post.

That is all.

Primetime42

Reaction score
This would be a major concern if TO was actually tearing apart the team.

Carry on.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy I agree that Cowher would NEVER EVER tolerate TO for one second.

Because TO knows how to win football games and win championships.

But Cowher will never come to Dallas because as easily as he identifies the stank of Terrell Owens---he knows the stank of Jerry Jones.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a35/hadnad/NewThreadCatButton2.gif

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486039 said:
Boysboy I agree that Cowher would NEVER EVER tolerate TO for one second.

Because TO knows how to win football games and win championships.

But Cowher will never come to Dallas because as easily as he identifies the stank of Terrell Owens---he knows the stank of Jerry Jones.

You never know-IF Jerry opens up his wallet a good one, Cowher could very well think twice. $$$ is what ultimately lured Tuna here.

BTW-it wasn't like Cowher had full control in Pittsburgh. Having spent time on the Steelers board last week, they told me how their organization works. The coach as 1/3 power, the GM 1/3 likewise, and the Rooneys 1/3. If there's a tie b/w the coach and GM, then the Rooneys are that tiebreaker. Also-the Rooneys have final say when it comes to spending money on contracts.

Aside from the fact that we don't have a GM, honestly, our FO doesn't operate any differently. If there's a tie, Jerry has the tiebreaking power(no different from the Rooneys).

Hey-you NEVER know. I'm not saying it'll happen, but assuming a Mount St. Helens erupts on Valley Ranch before Christmas, you can bet Jerry will be in desperation mode come New Year's. With a new stadium opening next year, I can't imagine him hiring another puppet.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy put yourself in Cowher's shoes.

Why join a circus when you can run a football team? Just look at the past 6 weeks. Who wants to be a part of cracker-jack operation?

He was never right as a head coach but I feel sorry for Wade. He will need to find a post-trauma therapist after all this. And Red might want to move on too.

There might have been a time where a top coach would have wanted to come to Dallas. Now coaches scratch Oakland and Dallas off the list before they write down their short list.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2486054 said:
Boysboy put yourself in Cowher's shoes.

Why join a circus when you can run a football team? Just look at the past 6 weeks. Who wants to be a part of cracker-jack operation?

He was never right as a head coach but I feel sorry for Wade. He will need to find a post-trauma therapist after all this. And Red might want to move on too.

There might have been a time where a top coach would have wanted to come to Dallas. Now coaches scratch Oakland and Dallas off the list before they write down their short list.

When Parcells was here, there was accountability and there was hardly a circus atmosphere on the Ranch.

Like I said-you just never know.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Well but remember Bill left.

Bill was unusual because Jerry had a man-crush on Bill. Indeed Jerry's recent comments about Romo playing the week after breaking his pinky and Barber playing last week--I think they were examples of Jerry trying to be Bill Parcells.

Stephen is the hope. Maybe if Jerry's wife and two sons conspire we can get a peaceful exhange of power. Heck otherwise handle it the way the way they did in the Roman empire. Hemlock.