Owens Denies Rift With Romo

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

owens_1202086.jpg

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens has insisted he is not angry with quarterback Tony Romo or the offence in general after making critical comments in the wake of Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Washington Commanders.

Two days removed the Cowboys' first loss of the season, Owens used his weekly radio show to insist there is no lingering ill-feeling.

"It's a matter of being frustrated with the loss," Owens said on Dallas station KLLI Live . "It had nothing to do with the offence."

Owens, who had seven catches for 71 yards and a touchdown on Sunday, had 18 passes directed toward him - in addition to two rushing attempts.

The talented but controversial wideout said that the numbers are misconstrued because, in his opinion, all the passes were not catchable.

"That is not to say nothing about Tony Romo," Owens said in the report. "I am not going to be able to catch every ball thrown my way. Every pass was not a valid catchable pass."

Currently in second place on the all-time touchdown receptions list with 133, Owens trails only Pro Football Hall of Famer and former teammate Jerry Rice, who is the league's all-time leader with 197 TDs.

The 34-year-old Owens, who signed a three-year contract extension worth
27 million in the off-season, has 17 catches for 264 yards and four touchdowns this season.

In his first two seasons with the Cowboys, Owens recorded 171 catches for 2,622 yards and 29 touchdowns.

He holds the team's single-season record with 15 TDs set last year.

A third-round pick of San Francisco in 1996, Owens has 899 receptions - which is ninth-best in NFL history - in 12 seasons with the 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles and Cowboys.

Owens has hauled in at least 13 touchdown catches in seven seasons; only Rice has managed eight seasons with that many scoring passes.

The combustible wideout also had eight 1,000-yard seasons, including five straight from 2000-04.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
"It's a matter of being frustrated with the loss," Owens said on Dallas station KLLI Live . "It had nothing to do with the offence."

And what "OFFENCE" is that?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
He's said this before. It's an overly sensitive media kicking up dust again. I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe someone objective should be consulted...like Skip Bayless :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Canadian BoyzFan;2301681 said:
I can't wait for Sunday and his crap to be over with.
Hopefully, it will die down, but it will never be over with. The media won't allow it.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Funny how ESPN didn't mention Terrell's "Sheshawn" comments :)

There is definite bias against Owens here though. Those of you that saw/head the ITH interview, know he said far far more. He pointed out that, unlike some in the media had reported, he hadn't talked to Romo about things. They also failed to mention Owens' criticism of ESPN's tv analysts; watching him say it, he has a point.

And this line from the article: "The talented but controversial wideout " The last big of "controversy" involving Terrell Owens happened in Philadelphia, half way through the 2005 season...nearly 3 years ago! ESPN needs to just let it go and realize that their darlingboy Donovan McNabb was likely more to blame for the mess there than Owens.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
But, but, but, but...JohnnyMac said "never doubt me."

Damn can't even trust someone who is 95% smarter than everyone else.

sago1

Reaction score
The media loves the Cowboys or hates them as they find most convenient. If they can druge up anything to do with the Cowboys they will talk about it cause it's good for ratings & guarantees other media attention. TO has had an "X" on his back ever since leaving SF; events in Philly made the "x" even bigger; ending up on the most visible sports franchise in the world served to make him almost legendary. Don't doubt for a moment that the media would absolutely love it for him to screw up and destroy the Dallas Cowboys. It isn't going to happen cause his football career would be over; no other team would touch him & he knows it. Besides I doubt he's said anything in the lockerroom that Irvin didn't say to Aikman at various times.

Reaction score
I'm tired of the media circus honestly... The NFL front office/the Cowboys needs to limit accessibility to the players by the media.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2301693 said:

And what "OFFENCE" is that?
It looks like the site is from England. The brits and canadians don't know how to spell.;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2301737 said:
But, but, but, but...JohnnyMac said "never doubt me."

Damn can't even trust someone who is 95% smarter than everyone else.

I thought his exact quote was to never question him cause his sources were so rock solid?

Geez. Who'd have thought it, a paper or radio or TV show making a story out of nothing in order to drum up a story?

Big D

Reaction score
Is there a code of conduct or ethics for those in the media? Or more to the point, a code of context?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Big D;2301958 said:
Is there a code of conduct or ethics for those in the media? Or more to the point, a code of context?

not really its all about getting as people to tune in or read what you have to offer.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if anyone believes that TO didn't have a talk w/ Romo, then they are a sucker

I'm sure TO vented his fustrations to him

because even people w/ a good relationship don't shy from airing them to each other