Owens wide open in the last play

Boysboy

Reaction score
djtavo;2335473 said:
It seems like T.O was wide open on the last play where Romo pass the ball to Witten for the 30 yard gain..

Did you guys see it ?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b970ed

is around 3:50 minute mark.

It's still hard to tell-Romo was rushed around the pocket and had to sling it sooner than he wanted to. Owens, while MIGHT have been open, wasn't ready off his break at the time.

IF Romo had more time, I think he slings it to TO.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Looks like he was but only after the safety dropped to help out on the tackle!! but hey at the least you might get a PI call ya know!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Umm you cant see the deep middle of the field. From watching on tv you have no idea where the safeties are until the cameras pan to where the ball is thrown.

it is impossible to say that.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I don't like playing what ifs, because what if the refs called roughing the passer on Romo in OT like they should. What if Folk made that field goal. Lets not do this, im feeling sick already.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2335556 said:
I don't like playing what ifs, because what if the refs called roughing the passer on Romo in OT like they should. What if Folk made that field goal. Lets not do this, im feeling sick already.

the best one here is . . .

what if folk missed the field goal....

we would have Romo playing lol

btcutter

Reaction score
theebs;2335538 said:
Umm you cant see the deep middle of the field. From watching on tv you have no idea where the safeties are until the cameras pan to where the ball is thrown.

it is impossible to say that.

I was there and he was open but I don't know if Tony has that kinda of arm strength to get it to him while running to his left. It would have been either a touchdown or we lose the game in regulation.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2335556 said:

Not really-the score would have been 24-24 on the Cards last possession instead, and they would be driving for the winning FG(instead of trying to kill the clock).

On their last scoring drive, they were moving like clockwork. What makes you think we would have stopped them all of a sudden?

Here's another WHAT IF from another perspective...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And if he was? Are you saying it was clear sailing for a TD? Or are you saying we'd have had an extra 10 or 15 yards to run and try to spike the ball, thus the game ending in regulation? At this point I wouldn't have minded it ending in regulation with a loss cause at least then you still lose but you don't lose Romo for a month.

btcutter

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2335596 said:
And if he was? Are you saying it was clear sailing for a TD? Or are you saying we'd have had an extra 10 or 15 yards to run and try to spike the ball, thus the game ending in regulation? At this point I wouldn't have minded it ending in regulation with a loss cause at least then you still lose but you don't lose Romo for a month.

YES. I was there. TO would score easily but see my post above.

Boysboy

Reaction score
btcutter;2335701 said:

Watch the play again-Romo was being flushed around the pocket. It would have been hard as heck for him to wing it out there near the sidelines to TO. IF the OL had done their job in pass protection, then Romo would have done so.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Boysboy;2335705 said:
Watch the play again-Romo was being flushed around the pocket. It would have been hard as heck for him to wing it out there near the sidelines to TO. IF the OL had done their job in pass protection, then Romo would have done so.

Not that it matters, but I think you need to rewatch the play. Romo sidestepped once, then took a few steps forward in the pocket and let it go.

Boysboy

Reaction score
btcutter;2335701 said:

Well you better see the video again-either I must have my eyeglasses adjusted, or one of the safeties already had TO blanketed on that play.

*sigh* much ado about nothing

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
djtavo;2335575 said:
the best one here is . . .

what if folk missed the field goal....

we would have Romo playing lol

A number of people have stated the "what if Folk hadn't missed the FG", but had he made it, the game would have been tied when AZ chose to run three consecutive plays to run down the clock (I know Warner got sacked on 3rd down, but that was a conscious decision he made...if a receiver wasn't wide open, he'd intentionally take a sack to keep the clock running). AZ would have run a completely different offensive play set and very well may have scored to win anyways. The Cowboys hadn't been able to stop the AZ defense in the 2nd half, so I think AZ may well have scored.

Boysboy

Reaction score
LandryFan;2335732 said:
A number of people have stated the "what if Folk hadn't missed the FG", but had he made it, the game would have been tied when AZ chose to run three consecutive plays to run down the clock (I know Warner got sacked on 3rd down, but that was a conscious decision he made...if a receiver wasn't wide open, he'd intentionally take a sack to keep the clock running). AZ would have run a completely different offensive play set and very well may have scored to win anyways. The Cowboys hadn't been able to stop the AZ defense in the 2nd half, so I think AZ may well have scored.

Or they would have ended up running down alot of clock anyways doing so, assuming this scenerio was like you said-hence OT.

Overall-we didn't deserve to win this game. Should have been a double digit loss if you ask me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2335739 said:
Overall-we didn't deserve to win this game. Should have been a double digit loss if you ask me.
Over the years I've seen many Cowboy victories that could be described with those exact same words.