Oxnard Field Conditions

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The field they are practicing on looks terrible which makes me fearful a serious injury is going to occur. Anyone else thinking the same?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The field they are practicing on looks terrible which makes me fearful a serious injury is going to occur. Anyone else thinking the same?

Yes I made mention of it in another thread. Just was watching the first day of camp video and it was already tore up. I imagine we will get more knee and ankle injuries before all is said and done.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Field conditions are what they are, if injuries happen so be it.

Generally, I'd agree, but they shouldn't be that bad two days into camp. And in all the years I've been tracking the camps in Oxnard, I don't recall hearing about poor field conditions.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Generally, I'd agree, but they shouldn't be that bad two days into camp. And in all the years I've been tracking the camps in Oxnard, I don't recall hearing about poor field conditions.

I hear you. I just don't want to hear that field conditions are to blame for TC injuries. If there is a challenge with the quality of the practice fields then I would hope they take care of it. No more excuses.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that there had been a bunch of rain recently, which isnt usually the case.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you. I just don't want to hear that field conditions are to blame for TC injuries. If there is a challenge with the quality of the practice fields then I would hope they take care of it. No more excuses.
If field conditions are a contributing factor to injuries, you can't write them off and say, "no more excuses" if it's taking out starters and major depth.

So it's not about excuses, it's about accepting that this stuff happened and this was a primary reason for it happening.

I thought I read somewhere that there had been a bunch of rain recently, which isnt usually the case.
We may have read the same thing.