Packers coaches knew how to attack the 49ers Defense

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have wrote numerous times throughout the season, how teams have successfully used that Vic Fangio Blueprint to stop the Cowboy offense. In basic terms, they take away the middle of the field, dare QB's to throw into tight windows and run the football against the light box. They also did an excellent job of disguising their coverages post snap.

What the Packers successfully did:

-Ran the football extremely well.
-Attacked the edges with many sideline passes, where they it was less congested.
-Challenging their secondary personnel with deep shots.

When Love got in trouble, is was up the middle, which ultimately decided their fate.

You can see why Dak has struggled so much against this type of defense:

-Cannot run the football at all.
-Dak's big chunk plays are up the seams, is a poor thrower to the sidelines.
-Cowboys didn't connect on many deeps balls throughout the entire season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I have wrote numerous times throughout the season, how teams have successfully used that Vic Fangio Blueprint to stop the Cowboy offense. In basic terms, they take away the middle of the field, dare QB's to throw into tight windows and run the football against the light box. They also did an excellent job of disguising their coverages post snap.

-Attacked the edges with many sideline passes, where they it was less congested.

When Love got in trouble, is was up the middle, which ultimately decided their fate.

I thought Dak had good stats throwing outside the numbers this year.

Aven8

Reaction score
Everyone jumped all over me in my thread the week before our game about how Barry runs the Zone shell coverage. Most of the posters scoffed it off as that had been disproven. Okie dokie…..

perrykemp

Reaction score
Everyone jumped all over me in my thread the week before our game about how Barry runs the Zone shell coverage. Most of the posters scoffed it off as that had been disproven. Okie dokie…..
It's how Barry's Packer's defense gave up only 1 more TD than the Cowboys on defense in 2023 despite the Cowboys being ranked Top 5 in defense and the Packers bottom 5. Barry allows teams to move between the 20's but stiffen up in the redzone. Classic bend but don't break shell defense. Team kicked a ton of FGs against the Packers.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Packers might have the best offensive talent in the league. Detroit is probably second to the Packers with skill players but have a better offensive line and quarterback. San Francisco better watch out.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He just runs Kyle Shannahan's offense, including having multiple vertical weapons. Dallas struggles because they have exactly 1 vertical threat.

Scheme doesn't matter against it because everything is based on numbers advantages.

Aven8

Reaction score
It's how Barry's Packer's defense gave up only 1 more TD than the Cowboys on defense in 2023 despite the Cowboys being ranked Top 5 in defense and the Packers bottom 5. Barry allows teams to move between the 20's but stiffen up in the redzone. Classic bend but don't break shell defense. Team kicked a ton of FGs against the Packers.
Classic Marinelli

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Packers might have the best offensive talent in the league. Detroit is probably second to the Packers with skill players but have a better offensive line and quarterback. San Francisco better watch out.
Lions are legitimate, their biggest issue is when Goff gets pressured, that is the key for the 49ers