Packers loss... our gain?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I had read a couple of days ago about all of the playoff scenarios. I try and keep up the best I can.

Obviously the Packers got their rear ends handed to them on Monday night. This helps us right? The Saints are hot right now, but the end result was the Packers losing a crucial game, helping the Cowboys, right? We did beat the Pack the 3rd game of the season.

Any breakdowns and commentary would be nice. Thanks.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I dont know.. we had the tiebreaker on Green Bay so them beating some NFC teams might have actually helped us.

It seems to me we obviously have to win ur games and hope Washington and Atlanta lose down the stretch. I've said it before that if it comes down to Week 17, we are in trouble.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think them winning would have helped us more because it would have all but finished NO...and since we have the tie breaker over them we can finish with the same record and get in as long as they don't win the division.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
We need the Packers and Bears to beat the Vikings, and the Bears to beat the Packers. We cannot count on the Lions to help us out, so I won't even bother.

Then, we need for Carolina to win their remaining divisional games. We need Tampa to win the rest of their divisional games, except Carolina. We need NO to beat Atlanta.

We need the Skins to lose at least these next two games....

Dallas needs to go 4-1 to finish the season, and hopefully that loss is to Pitt or Balt.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Biggems;2445356 said:
We need the Packers and Bears to beat the Vikings, and the Bears to beat the Packers. We cannot count on the Lions to help us out, so I won't even bother.

Then, we need for Carolina to win their remaining divisional games. We need Tampa to win the rest of their divisional games, except Carolina. We need NO to beat Atlanta.

We need the Skins to lose at least these next two games....

Dallas needs to go 4-1 to finish the season, and hopefully that loss is to Pitt or Balt.

So we definitely need Atlanta to lose. And of course, I know that all NFC East games are crucial. But I was looking more outside our division. Atlanta losses are key. Washington losses are very crucial. Each game we play is crucial. Especially since we have the Giants at home and the Eagles at the Link.

If we can win against Seattle at Texas Stadium this Thanksgiving, and then go into Heinz Field on Dec. 7th, and beat the Steelers, we are in good shape, and momentum will truly be on our side.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Biggems;2445356 said:

We cannot lose this game. Emotional reasons is why I say this.:star:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
StylisticS;2445363 said:

We lose this game, we are going to be the same ol' Cowboys we've been since 1997. That's over a decade of disappointments in my humble opinion. ... since our last playoff win in 1996.

Section446

Reaction score
We can't even let the Seahawks breathe tomorrow. If we don't win by at least 17 I'll be disappointed.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Fletch;2445360 said:
So we definitely need Atlanta to lose. And of course, I know that all NFC East games are crucial. But I was looking more outside our division. Atlanta losses are key. Washington losses are very crucial. Each game we play is crucial. Especially since we have the Giants at home and the Eagles at the Link.

If we can win against Seattle at Texas Stadium this Thanksgiving, and then go into Heinz Field on Dec. 7th, and beat the Steelers, we are in good shape, and momentum will truly be on our side.

IMO, this Seattle game is very important. We have to beat them. Because Washington could very well lose their next two games. But Dallas needs to take care of it's business. If Dallas can beat Seattle, and beat Pittsburgh, we are sitting at 9-4 and Washington could lose to the Giants than Ravens the next week and sit at 7-6. We have to win first.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
StylisticS;2445363 said:
oh wait, that is our last home game ever in TX Stadium, unless we can somehow get the 5th seed and meet the 6th seed in the NFC Championship game....

i see your point.

So really the only game we can lose is Pittsburgh......we have to definitely win the rest of them.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It helped some but only one North team is likely to see a playoff game. I'd rather play Chicago. Even MN over GB. QBs can beat you. Rodgers is a pretty good QB. I don't want to play him although I think we can beat anyone. I want patsies.

NO is going to spoil someone's birthday party. They can't climb over Atl, Car, and TB. Atl is one enemy. TB or Car is the other. Then there's the Red Freakin Skins. Lot's of enemies.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2445368 said:
We can't even let the Seahawks breathe tomorrow. If we don't win by at least 17 I'll be disappointed.

The line was 13 today. It's my rear if we don't cover cause I made out like the great Cowboy's all knowing all seeing seer and advised someone not to pick the cover.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
jobberone;2445404 said:
The line was 13 today. It's my rear if we don't cover cause I made out like the great Cowboy's all knowing all seeing seer and advised someone not to pick the cover.

Just printed out mine and my wife's friendly football picks. The line is now 12. ;)