Packers Not Only Lost Game But Al Harris Maybe Be Done For Season..

Reaction score
Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post has learned that Packers CB Al Harris could be lost for the season with a ruptured spleen.

This is the same thing that knocked Chris Simms out in 2006. Harris' injury was initially called "cramps," but he had blood in his urine in the first quarter of Sunday night's game. Harris is 33 now and went from underrated to overrated last season, but this would be a huge loss for Green Bay. His backup at left corner is second-year undrafted free agent Tramon Williams.
Source: National Football Post

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
that sucks if the injury turns out to be that severe, but blood in the urine is never a good thing.

i wish him a quick recovery, you never want something like that to happen

silver

Reaction score
what's more amazing is that he came back to play and actually made a tackle before calling it a day. trully a gamer.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2279408 said:
Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post has learned that Packers CB Al Harris could be lost for the season with a ruptured spleen.

This is the same thing that knocked Chris Simms out in 2006. Harris' injury was initially called "cramps," but he had blood in his urine in the first quarter of Sunday night's game. Harris is 33 now and went from underrated to overrated last season, but this would be a huge loss for Green Bay. His backup at left corner is second-year undrafted free agent Tramon Williams.
Source: National Football Post

Dam, I hate to see injuries to anybody. I have always loved the way Harris played physical.

Does anybody know how he got hurt?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2279418 said:
Dam, I hate to see injuries to anybody. I have always loved the way Harris played physical.

Didn't AJ Hawk run in to him?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2279418 said:

I'd wager a guess that it was a result of his collision with A.J. Hawk. Hawk's hip hit him right in his side.

Aikbach

Reaction score
An unfortunate injury but a part of the game, the reason why depth is crucial.
No one would take it easy on Dallas for having injuries and so no mercy or empathy should be given to the Packers either.

newlander

Reaction score
Tomson is right: Hawk accidentally bashed him.....hey, we all have problems. Looks like Kosier's gone for 4-6 weeks too...at least he can come back this season. Can't mess with a spleen injury. That could be it for Al's career really: that's a BAD injury....too bad really.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I'm sure sorry to hear that... a ruptured spleen is very bad business...

Get well soon, Al...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
newlander;2279477 said:
Tomson is right: Hawk accidentally bashed him.....hey, we all have problems. Looks like Kosier's gone for 4-6 weeks too...at least he can come back this season. Can't mess with a spleen injury. That could be it for Al's career really: that's a BAD injury....too bad really.

You don't even need your spleen! It's a throwaway organ. He is not Cowboys material, that's for sure. Tape it up and get out there! :mummy:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Bungarian;2279420 said:
That really sucks for him and his family.

how does it suck for his family? they aren't affected, he still gets paid.

If affects him as he is out when he wants to play, and affects the team, but not his family. It isn't life threatening.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2279504 said:
how does it suck for his family? they aren't affected, he still gets paid.

If affects him as he is out when he wants to play, and affects the team, but not his family. It isn't life threatening.

According to all of the Chris Simms fans it is. :D

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Bummer for Harris. Given his age, I wonder if he has to call it a career.