Packers | Re-signing Longwell the No. 2 priority

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:47:38 -0800

Rob Reischel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers No. 2 priority this offseason is to re-sign PK Ryan Longwell. The two sides remain far apart, though, and Green Bay is thinking long and hard about placing either the franchise or transition tag on Longwell. Longwell has made 81.6 percent of his kicks over his nine years with Green Bay. The question the Packers have to ask themselves, though, is if they want to pay top money to a kicker if they're in a rebuilding mode, as they appear to be. "There could be a roster massacre, I guess," Longwell said late in the season. "It depends on which way they see it going. I mean, there are schools of thought for both sides I'm sure."

-----------
for the interested...

burmafrd

Reaction score
If they are going to really take apart the team and rebuild, then keeping Longwell does not make sense. Pretty much depends on whether Favre comes back I guess. If he does then they probably try and keep the kicker.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
If this is their number 2 priority for the off season, I think they need to step back and take a look at how bad their team is with or without Farve.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
If they do re-sign him, the list goes down to two---Nedney and Vanderjagt,b/c we all know Vinateri will be franchised or re-signed by the pats!!!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
If they do re-sign him, the list goes down to two---Nedney and Vanderjagt,b/c we all know Vinateri will be franchised or re-signed by the pats!!!

and Matt Bryant which is who we will probably sign. He was perfect from 30-39 yards, and hit 84% on the year

SacredStar

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Pretty much depends on whether Favre comes back I guess. If he does then they probably try and keep the kicker.

Word here in Wisconsin is that Favre will announce his retirement soon.

He will be opening up a chain of bakeries that specialize in turnovers.

Drumroll please.

Brett made up his mind to retire after the NFL selected Tom Brady to flip the coin at the Super Bowl instead of Favre. The NFL seriously considered Favre, but they were afraid the coin would be intercepted if Favre had that honor.

Cha Ching

I'll be all week.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
SacredStar said:

Drumroll please.
:laugh1:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
SacredStar said:

Drumroll please.

Brett made up his mind to retire after the NFL selected Tom Brady to flip the coin at the Super Bowl instead of Favre. The NFL seriously considered Favre, but they were afraid the coin would be intercepted if Favre had that honor.

Cha Ching

I'll be all week.

:lmao2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
If they are going to really take apart the team and rebuild, then keeping Longwell does not make sense. Pretty much depends on whether Favre comes back I guess. If he does then they probably try and keep the kicker.

I agree....

Spending big bucks for him, given how bad they are, makes no sense.

It would be like an awful baseball team spending big bucks to sign a dominant closer.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:47:38 -0800

Rob Reischel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers No. 2 priority this offseason is to re-sign PK Ryan Longwell. The two sides remain far apart, though, and Green Bay is thinking long and hard about placing either the franchise or transition tag on Longwell. Longwell has made 81.6 percent of his kicks over his nine years with Green Bay. The question the Packers have to ask themselves, though, is if they want to pay top money to a kicker if they're in a rebuilding mode, as they appear to be. "There could be a roster massacre, I guess," Longwell said late in the season. "It depends on which way they see it going. I mean, there are schools of thought for both sides I'm sure."

-----------
for the interested...

nnnnn....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Whats with Jacksonville letting Bryant walk and picking up Canthit...I mean Cundiff? Did Bryant do something?