Packers Rookie Arrested in FW Brawl

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Posted May 27, 2006 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2] Packers rookie arrested after brawl[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
052706-C1pack5inchCOLandWEB%20.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Packers rookie wide receiver Cory Rodgers reaches back to grab a pass during the May 7 minicamp practice at the Don Hutson Center. He was arrested Thursday night after a brawl in a Fort Worth, Texas, bar. H. Marc Larson/Press-Gazette

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wide receiver Cory Rodgers, whom the Green Bay Packers selected in the fourth round of April’s NFL draft, was arrested Thursday night after police in Fort Worth, Texas, had to break up a brawl between gang members and former Texas Christian University football players.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
According to Fort Worth’s NBC affiliate, KXAS Channel 5, which first reported the story, police officers arrived shortly before 2 a.m. at the Stone Canyon Club, where police said 50 to 60 people were involved in a brawl.
[/FONT]
Police said the fight started after Rodgers, 23, refused to sign autographs and buy drinks for people in the bar.
[/FONT]
Patrons were seen using pool cues and beer bottles as weapons, police said. One officer sustained minor injuries after being struck by a beer bottle.
[/FONT]
Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy were unavailable for comment on Friday, but the team issued a short statement through a team spokesman, which read: “We are aware of an incident involving Cory Rodgers Thursday night in Texas, and are in the process of gathering additional information.”
[/FONT]
Rodgers participated in the Packers’ first two minicamps and is scheduled to be in Green Bay when organized team activities begin Wednesday. Rodgers is considered a front-runner to return kicks and punts for the Packers this season.
[/FONT]
According to the report, nearly two dozen officers were brought to the scene to end the fight, the second brawl at the bar in as many weeks, police said.
[/FONT]
Fort Worth police officers said they then heard gunshots from behind the building, and found Rodgers in the back seat of a car with an empty handgun. Officers said Rodgers fired two shots into the air.
[/FONT]
Rodgers and former TCU teammates Quentily Harmon and Eric Buchanan were arrested. Buchanan and Harmon were charged with public intoxication, while Rodgers faces more serious charges of possession of a concealed weapon and discharge of a weapon within city limits.
[/FONT]
Fort Worth police said six people were arrested, including the three athletes. The other three were disabled with Taser guns before being arrested.
[/FONT]

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Packers haven't had that much luck with their draft picks have they?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
So was Rodgers one of the gang members or the former TCU players? :D

You're being redundant, aren't you?:lmao2:

For all you TCU fans: I'm jusk kidding.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Why do all these knuckleheads think they have to bring out a piece every time there is a disagreement or a scuffle? And why start shooting the damn thing AFTER the cops get there...stupid stupid stupid :(

fortdick

Reaction score
Most kids buy a car with their signing bonus. Instead, Cory Rodgers bought himself a new PimpPistol! Faux Pearl grips with engraved initials CR on a nickel plated .357. Gotta have the 2 1/2 inch barrel for packing in your workout clothes.

I myself prefer the stock wood grips on the Colt .45 model 1911.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Most kids buy a car with their signing bonus. Instead, Cory Rodgers bought himself a new PimpPistol! Faux Pearl grips with engraved initials CR on a nickel plated .357. Gotta have the 2 1/2 inch barrel for packing in your workout clothes.

I myself prefer the stock wood grips on the Colt .45 model 1911.

I prefer the chrome finish on a .50 calibre Desert Eagle

(if I were to get a handgun that is) haha

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rodgers and former TCU teammates Quentily Harmon and Eric Buchanan were arrested. Buchanan and Harmon were charged with public intoxication, while Rodgers faces more serious charges of possession of a concealed weapon and discharge of a weapon within city limits.

-----

if this were florida, wouldn't he be facing jail time? in texas it's kinda a good thing to use a gun i guess. : )

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Never thought i'd see the day CHRISTIAN college players BRAWL with gang members lol.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Have they had the rookie symposium already this year? Man, what a good guy to drag up there by the ear and make an example of.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
iceberg said:
if this were florida, wouldn't he be facing jail time? in texas it's kinda a good thing to use a gun i guess. : )
In Florida they overreact initially and then drag it out in the courts. In Texas they make the arrest, take it to court, make the judgment and impose the sentence whatever it is. Having a gun and firing off a few shot in Texas is not such a big deal. But using a gun to commit a real crime in Texas...it's your ***. Any experienced criminal will tell you…Texas IS NOT where you want to be in prison.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I waiting for someone to come up with some type of theory of Divinci Code...

Talking bout a theory with this incident>dealing with Chris Canty....:starspin :lmao: