Packers to release Terrence Murphy (It's official)

SouthernStar

Reaction score
Apparently unwilling to accept the risk of having wide receiver Terrence Murphy play football with a serious neck condition, the Green Bay Packers are on the verge of announcing that they are parting ways with the 2005 second-round pick.

Heck, I hope that Parcells doesn't know him or his father......:lmao:

Hiero

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Yeah, I agree with the general sentimants expressed. We all know injury is part of the game and that some injuries can be career ending or worse. Still, you hate to hear this about Murphy. Because of the relationship with BS, I think everybody kinda pulled for this young man to be successful regardless of what team he played for.

A situation where you just gotta hope for the best and see what happens.
yep, I wish the guy best of luck, and I feel bad for his family. Hopefully he can make it back to the nfl someday, or get at least a good pension.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hiero said:
yep, I wish the guy best of luck, and I feel bad for his family. Hopefully he can make it back to the nfl someday, or get at least a good pension.
Not enough years of service for a pension. Hopefully the Packs will do the right thing with a very good injury settlement if if comes to that.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
montgod said:
Dude....get a clue or be patient before you post.

Anyone who posts on Dallascowboyszone knows that he (Murphy) is related to one of the regular posters on this site and we all were interested in his progress from a health standpoint.

I would venture to say that there are a few people who post who don't know that information. Not everyone is aware of everything on this board, nor does some of the posters check the site as frequent as others.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
1fisher said:
he has less than 200 posts..... what do you expect??
:rolleyes:

I usually look at a posters join date before I look at their post totals. Post totals can be misleading.

Maybe he just doesn't read the board every day so he didn't know, or just forgot, that Murphy is BrownSugars cousin.

BrownSugar, be sure tell your cousin that we are pulling for his health first, and career second.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well wishes!! We found out Monday that they weren't going to clear him to play..he and his agent asked for a release. He REALLY wants to play, and feels like he can for another team. He's coming back to TX in a couple of weeks, has to wrap up a few things there. He says that he'll work out for some teams (I'm hoping for my Boys!!!).

He's in excellent physical condition, he had been lifting weights and working out with the players for about a month now. And every since the season ended, he and Money Mike have been in Houston working out. As I told him, my utmost concern is for his health..and I just hope that nothing happens to him if he does get on with another team.

Anyway, thanks for all the concerns!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
Thanks for all the well wishes!! We found out Monday that they weren't going to clear him to play..he and his agent asked for a release. He REALLY wants to play, and feels like he can for another team. He's coming back to TX in a couple of weeks, has to wrap up a few things there. He says that he'll work out for some teams (I'm hoping for my Boys!!!).

He's in excellent physical condition, he had been lifting weights and working out with the players for about a month now. And every since the season ended, he and Money Mike have been in Houston working out. As I told him, my utmost concern is for his health..and I just hope that nothing happens to him if he does get on with another team.

The Cowboys signing him would be too cool. :bow:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:

That is great news. Thanks for the update. *crosses fingers he lands with the boyz*

Brown what are the doctors are saying? Did he receive a clean bill of health?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
If the news is bad, someone just need to sit Murphy down and tell him there's life after football. You can't use T.J. Ford because while hoops can be physical at times, it's nowhere close to the punishment in the NFL. No sport is worth living in a wheelchair. He's still a very young kid, he has a fat signing bonus (which I hope he saved or invested), it sucks to have to change your life and dreams so suddenly, but I know he can stay strong and do it. There's always grad school at A&M. ;)

CowboysFan07

Reaction score
What really sucks is that by all accounts T-Murph is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I've never heard a bad word about him and have always heard how he was the hardest worker on the team while here at A&M. I have no doubt he will have success in whatever he does and wish him the best of luck.

xpistofer

Reaction score
1fisher said:
he has less than 200 posts..... what do you expect??

hey now...
number of posts is irrelevent...
some of us old timers (on the zone, I mean...) don't post very often, but that doesn't mean we are uninformed...

not that my comments pertain to the guy you are chiding, but I figured I would go ahead and pad my post total a bit...:p:

By the way, best wishes to BS and TM - hate to see careers cut short by injury...

xpistofer

Reaction score
BrownSugar said:

Good to hear from you! Hope all else is well..

felix360

Reaction score
SouthernStar said:
Apparently unwilling to accept the risk of having wide receiver Terrence Murphy play football with a serious neck condition, the Green Bay Packers are on the verge of announcing that they are parting ways with the 2005 second-round pick.

Heck, I hope that Parcells doesn't know him or his father......:lmao:

i hope they bring to DC, no reason to laugh at the guy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Packers | Murphy released
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:16:54 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have announced the release of WR Terrence Murphy (neck) due to medical reasons. General manager Ted Thompson said after Murphy underwent several tests and consultations, the team concluded he would not be cleared medically to play for them.

--------------

Sorry, BS.

Hopefully he'll catch on with another team and prove the Pack wrong in their decision. Good luck to him in whatever he does.

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
There's always grad school at A&M.

Good Gawd man, why punish the poor guy any more than he has been!!!??? :p:

No seriously, best of luck to Murphy. I genuinely hope he can catch on w/ another team, if that's what he want's and Dr's can clear him.

SCI (spinal cord injury) is something I'm acutely familure with as I have a cousin my age I'm very close to and involved with on a daily basis, who's a C5 quadriplegic.

I also have first hand knowledge of what SCI is like, it ended my military career. But, that's a story for another time. :)

Word Mofo

Reaction score
I think he should talk to a fellow Aggie: Dat Nguyen. T-Murph had his payday, it's time to enjoy a long and healthy life, and use that college education.