PACMAN update roster spots up for grabs

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Update: The NFL Network reports that talks between the Titans and Cowboys for Pacman Jones revived Saturday and that the teams got much closer to a deal.
With all the talk of whether the team should take a cornerback first, or a running back first or a wide receiver in the first or second round, I’ve been wondering how many spots are up for grabs this summer? This was a 13-3 team last year, so we hear lots of talk that there will be few competions.
For that reason, I was surprised at how many needs Dallas will try to address in the draft.
Defense
Absolute needs (2)
The team lost its 3rd and 4th corners, when Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones left in free agency. It’s a fair assumption that one of the two first rounders, or at the very least one of the three picks in the first two rounds will go for a young corner.
The need for two corners has me convinced we have not heard the last of the Pacman Jones rumors.
Like to have (3)
1. A safety to groom as Roy Williams‘ replacement; at the very least, somebody to challenge Pat Watkins, who was every bit as shaky last year as he was as a rookie.
2. OLB — Dallas has Demarcus Ware, Greg Ellis and Anthony Spencer, but Ellis is long in the tooth. If the Cowboys can find a player like Brent Hawkins, a 5th round tweener who has turned into an effective situational rusher for Jacksonville, they’ll add him. You can never have enough pass rushers.
3. NT — Does Marcus Spears have a future on the team. Did Jay Ratliff get the big money to move to DE? Jason Ferguson was shipped to Miami, so a big 325 lb. plugger would be welcome.
Offense
Absolute needs (2)
Running back — Marion Barber is the only dependable RB on the roster at this moment. Tyson Thompson has moved on, as has Julius Jones.
Wide receiver — T.O. isn’t getting any younger. Terry Glenn’s knee is a major question mark. Jerry Jones has spoken often of finding T.O. a partner in crime, preferably a veteran. Regardless, the Cowboys need a quality young wideout.
Like to have (3)
Center — Cory Proctor was overmatched when he subbed for an injured Andre Gurode last December.
Fullback/tight end — Deon Anderson is the only option at fullback at the moment. That’s too iffy for a team that wants a power running attack. In these fullback poor days a tight end might be drafted to fill this need.
Quarterback — Brad Johnson isn’t getting any younger. I’ll bet the Cowboys won’t give up on a Matt Moore this year — if they’re lucky enough to land another one.
That’s a lot of needs for a top seed. I don’t expect Dallas to do any trade ups in round one. They don’t have enough picks to fill every wish.

I think we'll get Pacman, hence my DREAM DRAFT, Dream draft YET totally realistic!

#22 W.R. Devin Thomas
#28 R.B. Jonathan Stewart/ if he's gone Felix Jones

2nd round: W.R. Mario Manningham- falls cause of weed and speed question marks, but most college kids smoke weed, it was apparently two years ago the last time he smoked, and his speed in GAME TIME SPEED is fast no matter what his combine time.

Lets face it, Owens is 35, Crayton is more of a 3rd W.R., and we ain't got much else although I like Hurd and Stanback is a question mark, so I could see us taking VALUE in round 2 and since it's ALL ABOUT ROMO, why not give him yet another weapon?
Picture Owens on one side Thomas on the other and Manningham in the slot!

3rd Round: C.B. Zach Bowman

4th Round: S.S./F.S. Bobbie Williams

5th Round: Pacman Jones

6th Round: C./G. Fernand Velasco

7th Round: D.T. Ropati Pitoitua

Overall haul!

Offense:

W.R. Devin Thomas
W.R. Mario Manningham
R.B. Jonathan Stewart
G./C. Fernand Velasco

Defense:
C.B. Pacman Jones
C.B. Zach Bowman
S.S./F.S. Bobbie Williams
D.T. Ropati Pitoitua

We'd be SET on offense at EVERY SKILL Position for Romo's career!
Meaning for the rest of Romo's career, all we have to draft is O-lineman and DEFENSE! LOL
Plus we'll be adding TWO top W.R.'s to what was an already explosive offense, and we got a great compliment to Barber who could be better then Barber and a much needed backup center.

Defensively we add Pacman to be our 3rd C.B. and punt/Kick returner plus we get Bowman who is a 1st round talent and a just in case for Pacman, plus we fill Keith Davis shoes with a versatille safety in Bobbie Williams and a nice D.T. prospect in Pitoitua who's 6'-7 300 pounds.

We fill our biggest needs, we get TWO C.B.'s we need in Pacman and Bowman, we get another safety to round out the secondary, we got some real WOW on offense by adding two top W.R.'s and of course a top R.B. to boot!

You just add Pacman and Bowman to our defense last year and we are in the superbowl, now add THREE TOP PLAYERS to our already explosive unstoppable offense and we just wont' be stopped this year!