Parcells 7, Phillips 6...

kramskoi

Reaction score
...nothings changed but the dates on the calendar...in a day where the defense came to play...embarrassing does'nt even begin to describe whatever it was on offensive display today...Romo was dreadful but at least he has Simpson to cry to...this is'nt the stuff of playoffs let alone a superbowl...heck, even offensively inept Miami scored 7 points against these guys!

In many ways, this loss is an even greater disaster than last year...simply inexcusable.:(

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
12-2

NFC East Champions

First Round Bye

Possible NFC Champs

A lot has changed

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
kramskoi;1837992 said:
...nothings changed but the dates on the calendar...in a day where the defense came to play...embarrassing does'nt even begin to describe whatever it was on offensive display today...Romo was dreadful but at least he has Simpson to cry to...this is'nt the stuff of playoffs let alone a superbowl...heck, even offensively inept Miami scored 7 points against these guys!

In many ways, this loss is an even greater disaster than last year...simply inexcusable.:(
Overstate much? Jeez, teams lose every now and then even the best ones.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No one wants to give the Philly defense, their DC, or McNabb any credit?

Their defense pressed us in man coverage while blitzing, but Romo was too inaccurate today to make them get out of it.

McNabb actually played a very sound game...we could have sacked him 10 times if he hadn't moved around in the pocket as well as he did, and while we got lots of pressure on him, he didn't force the ball this game...he made wise decisions that don't show up in the box score.

On the other hand, Romo could have easily topped his 5 interception game because his decisions, forced throws, and poor throws were that bad, not to mention his fumbling that keeps showing up.

sago1

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about Romo's thumb. Just can't believe he was so off today or that the Eagles defense was totally responsible for his play.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;1838123 said:
No one wants to give the Philly defense, their DC, or McNabb any credit?

Their defense pressed us in man coverage while blitzing, but Romo was too inaccurate today to make them get out of it.

McNabb actually played a very sound game...we could have sacked him 10 times if he hadn't moved around in the pocket as well as he did, and while we got lots of pressure on him, he didn't force the ball this game...he made wise decisions that don't show up in the box score.

On the other hand, Romo could have easily topped his 5 interception game because his decisions, forced throws, and poor throws were that bad, not to mention his fumbling that keeps showing up.
Yep Jim Johnson developed a heckuva gameplan.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
mitchell2254;1838072 said:
It's more how we lost

How would you rather lose?

A high scoring shootout? In my opinion, it was well past time that Dallas' defense played well.

Personally, I'd much rather lose when it's clear the offensive starters simply aren't playing well. Poor execution cost Dallas many points and several big plays.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
We've been spoiled this whole season. I'm not sure many of us expected this kind of record and a first round bye.

The D did all it could all day to keep the offense in the game and was never thanked with a sustaining drive and a score.

Romo had an awful day, plain and simple. Last time he brought his girl to the stadium it was a flop and I thought that as soon as I saw Jessica Simpson. Dude, stop bringing your girls to the stadium... All right, that might be a load of hooey, but I thought it anyway.

I'm a little concerned because two games in a row have been stinkers, and all the injuries that have suddenly happened. The last two games now take on a new meaning and this team has to play better than this.

They won't go far in the playoff's with that kind of play. I'm pretty dissapointed, but I have to think maybe I'm just being spoiled.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
windward;1838138 said:
wah. We lost by 4. Get over it. I have.

Get over it?

If only it were that simple. Get over our 12-1 start and realize we are going downhill fast. I am a big believer we will play better too. But I am also a realist.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mitchell2254;1838179 said:
Get over it?

If only it were that simple. Get over our 12-1 start and realize we are going downhill fast. I am a big believer we will play better too. But I am also a realist.

A one game losing streak is going down fast?

:lmao:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Get over it?

One man's realist is another's uber-pessimist. We lost one game and all of a sudden t's going downhill fast? I need to see a bit more evidence than that to proclaim the sky is falling.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
zrinkill;1838191 said:
A one game losing streak is going down fast?

:lmao:

Compared to how well they have been playing the last two games are definitely a slide. Not good to be playing your worst ball of the year this time of year.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
mitchell2254;1838215 said:
Compared to how well they have been playing the last two games are definitely a slide. Not good to be playing your worst ball of the year this time of year.

There is some validity here. It's not down going downhill fast, but two games in a row, when you have your *** handed to you for most of the game is reason for concern. You can only win those games so many times and today we couldn't.

You can't struggle your way into the playoffs.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
vta;1838257 said:
There is some validity here. It's not down going downhill fast, but two games in a row, when you have your *** handed to you for most of the game is reason for concern. You can only win those games so many times and today we couldn't.

You can't struggle your way into the playoffs.

I admit I reached a little bit on the downhill fast statement. But, this two games in a row we have really been outplayed. By two teams that are 6-8. I am not as proud as others of 12-2 record. I have my sights set on the Super Bowl thats waht really matters. Last two weeks have given a reason for concern no matter which way you look at it.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Get over our 12-1 start and realize we are going downhill fast.
Going downhill fast, just because we lost a game? How did you managed to stay alive with all the losses in last dozen years or so?